Late Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

We did get a break in the rain but I did not go down as it would have been way too wet through the woods as probably about 24hrs of consistent rain prior & I did not fancy tripping over the dog into the mud. Tomorrow is looking better so I will go down, but take the high path as fewer bikes use that route so shouldn't be so bad. Means I have to walk a few extra blocks through the shopping complex but being Sunday I will be able to go diagonally through the car park which will shorten it.

Plan is to dig the leeks & heel them in another bed I won't need for several weeks & prep for the 1st earlies & if not too distracted might even be able to give the other spud beds a little fork over as well.
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Hope you have a good day on your plot tomorrow, Westi.

Good to see you are still about, Compo…..i’m saddened to say, the Forum is such a quiet place these days…..
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
peter
KG Regular

Awash here, daren't set foot on my plots ATM.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Clive.
KG Regular

So once again I said to myself, I'm not going to buy any seed potatoes.....
.......what happened...
Down the garden centre car park to partake of the car wash service, to be all sorted and clean for mot test...two new tyres yesterday and a tracking check too.

What do I do...I wander into the garden centre...and came out with a few packets of seeds...including beetroot called Monika...

...and a bag of Charlotte....

.......and also a Kent and Stowe stainless steel border fork......not that I'm at all short of forks.. but this one has a long shank which with then the conventional split Y wooden handle makes it a useful length of fork..something I always campaign for.....so on that basis thought I should try one...

C.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And well done you, Clive….nothing wrong in getting a few gardening treats…

Hope the car passes it’s MOT!

Westi
KG Regular

Sneaky little frost this morning when I went down & a lot of time scrapping ice off the paths. Got the asparagus weeded, fixed some netting & dog proof barriers that went for a little journey as it was a bit blustery. Didn't get to move the leeks as those beds were too soggy.

It's already getting to be pain taking things down to the plot so thinking I might need a good Back Pack so hands totally free to control & pre-empt the path the dog might take. Can anyone suggest a good lightweight one that has a front clip so it doesn't slide around?? I also sneaked online for a look at electric tricycles, thinking I would get from a to b quicker if dog was in the cage basket & probably safer. They are really smart now & not so big & wide like Victorian prams. Lithium batteries & a 60k range on full charge. Only issue is room in the garage to charge with Mr's 2 mobility scooters & assorted junk in there, so that will need a clear out before I can pursue this, & also need to check their security set up if I have to park it somewhere to pop in the shops.
Westi
robo
KG Regular

The day has arrived,I’m going to the local hospital shortly I’ve an 8-50 appointment to have the cameras inserted come lunchtime it should be over
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Really hope everything went as well as it could, Robo!

robo
KG Regular

It took them an hour for the complete job lovely people yesterday was a nightmare no food after 9am then 5 o’clock I had to drink the the bags of powder mixed wiith water I won’t describe the results
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Bet you’re glad it’s done then, Robo!

retropants
KG Regular

I’ve seen the Billy Connolly show where he describes what happens with this exact drink. 😲😲😲. Glad it’s all over and done with Robo.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Westi.. There was a lady that used an electric babboe bike to transport her 2 children about with them in the front box (for want of a better word) which had a cover for wet weather. Thought it was better for the children to see where they were going rather than looking at the back of their parent.

Used to see lots of them in Holland with dog's as well as children in them.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Westi could get some stuff on one of those beauties…..🙂

robo
KG Regular

Tha worse part is the night before , yes I’m glad it’s over
Westi
KG Regular

We had sun all day which quickly cleared the mist hanging around when walking down but I managed to get well muddy before getting to the plot as the woods are in need of some gravel top ups on the paths but council is broke.

I heeled in 3/4's of the leeks left after putting down a membrane path & digging a trench, but will need another wee trench for the rest, built the top & bottom of the net cage re-structure, but it is only cable tied & I need to drill holes & screw/bolt them but fortunately the girlie drill that had it's charger nicked matches one of Mr's camera chargers, but I forgot to take it down! Also weeded the last of the fence line so a productive few hours. Bonus was I had some of the forced rhubarb big enough to take.Yum!

Home day tomorrow as the slip sliding through the woods did my back no favours. Obvs rhubarb crumble & custard will be made as a priority! ;)
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic