STRIMMER TO BRUSH CUTTER

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Compo
KG Regular

I have a fairly powerful einhell strimmer, the type that takes the plastic blades, and even if buy the good quality ones they just break off. E bay has plenty of options for putting a different head on the tool such as brush cutter, wire brush type of thing and metal blades. Does anyone have any experience of doing such a conversion and any successess / avoids?
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Afternoon Compo, hope you are keeping well!

I’m not sure if all these different type heads are compatible with all machines…..I think it will be the threaded part that could be a problem but, they might all use the same size thread….or would the be just too simple!🙂
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

I also have an Einhell - the 4-stroke version 33-4S (bought a 4-stroke because I've lodged two warranty claims in the past for 2-strokes and all the response I got was you must have got the mixture wrong so I thought I would guarantee that couldn't happen again).
It came with disc cutters for brush cutting and a wimp of of a line head. I had previously bought a better line head so I fitted that, admittedly I had to get a friend to turn me a little bush to make it fit properly. It is a Portek model and takes 2.5mm line with an easy thread up system where you put in the line, equalise the two halves then wind it in with a little adapter. Unfortunately I can't spot it advertised anywhere but there may be other similar devices available.
IMG_4870.JPG
IMG_4870.JPG (2.4 MiB) Viewed 6 times
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic