I'm surprised shops haven't done this before

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stephen
KG Regular

Reducing temperature in store.
[url]https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/de ... ave-energy[/url]
I find most shops are overheated, after all you walk in off the street and I don't want to be taking layers off just to do a bit of shopping.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Stravaig
KG Regular

I don't know what shops you frequent, Stephen. My experience is the opposite. I'm afraid of getting frostbite if I walk down the chiller section and very scared to venture into the freezer areas. :D

I sure as heck don't want to be taking off layers of clothing just to do a wee bit of shopping. And imagine what some people might think if they met a naked man like you in the pasta aisle or wherever! Nah. Don't fix what ain't broke.
Stephen
KG Regular

:lol:

I don't take that many layers off!

I was thinking of winter when the air curtains by the front doors seem to be on at gale force 8 and 25 degrees C. Of course an airlock style entrance (i.e. a hallway or vestibule) with doors seems more logical to me. In fact our local Waitrose lost its hallway in a redevelopment three years ago.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Perhaps you should go and live in Thailand, Stephen. That might suit you. (We lived there for 10 years.) It's boiling hot outside and stepping into a shopping mall or supermarket is like walking into a fridge! Yes, some air conditioning might be nice at times but they really overdo it.

If you sneeze you'll most likely have icicles coming out of your nostrils. Just your kind of place! :twisted:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic