Filbert

Love to have animals around? Perhaps you're being plagued by them? All your tips here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Chantal
KG Regular

Some of you may recall Filbert, our sprout eating kitten (my avatar)? Well he's all grown up, although still very small (ex feral) and still into peculiar food fads.

He's more or less off the sprouts and mushrooms now, not very keen on any cooked meat, although he loves raw meat and will take your arm off for prawns.

Anyway, we were eating salad last night with a bowl of toasted pumpkin seeds on the table and I had to fight him for them. He just dived in there with me trying to hold him with one had whilst Googling with the other to see if he could eat them. Turns out that they are very good for cats so we let him loose on them. He crunches them up like cat kibble!

Tried them on the other four who sneered at me with utter disdain, although to be fair, they have never eaten any of Filbert's odd food fancies.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Westi
KG Regular

Two of my cats generally have a go at most things meat or vege & have a bit of a fetish for a while but then go off it just as quickly! My dog Ambush however remains true to her favorites which is Sweet Potato or Pumpkin raw or cooked & Runner Beans which I grow at home just for her and she harvests her own as she fancies. When she has grazed the bottom, she then precariously balances on the edge of the big pot to reach those higher up! Pretty good balance considering she is a nearly 5 stone Wire haired Viszla who is mega clumsy around the house! :D

Westi
Westi
Motherwoman
KG Regular

My 'himself' took one of our Springers to the pub over Christmas where a group of jolly folk fed him Brussel Sprouts... thanks guys.... :oops:

MW
Chantal
KG Regular

Motherwoman wrote:My 'himself' took one of our Springers to the pub over Christmas where a group of jolly folk fed him Brussel Sprouts... thanks guys.... :oops:

MW

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I recall my sister (who was staying with me at the time) making some dire meal consisting mainly of lentils. It wasn't her fault, shes a good cook, it was a rubbish recipe.

I didn't like to offend so ate a little, but smuggled the most of the stuff under the table where her two Clumber spaniels scoffed the lot.

At 4am there was a lot of bedroom carpet cleaning taking place as she'd repeatedly ignored the anguished whines of one dog who then had an accident right in front of the bedroom door. Having given in and gone to let the dog out she'd first trodden in all this with bare feet and then had to open the door, spreading a nice layer of s**t right across the room.

I heard all the yelling and requests for help, but barricaded my door (mainly to keep out the smell), opened the windows, shouted "your dogs, your problem" and fell about laughing as she had to clean it all up.

For those who now think I'm a hateful person, be aware that earlier that day, one of my kittens had a similar accident in the kitchen. As I was busy I'd asked her to help but she smiled at me and stepped over the mess with the comment, "your kittens, your problem". I told her she'd live to regret those words... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chantal

Elaine
KG Regular

Having given in and gone to let the dog out she'd first trodden in all this with bare feet and then had to open the door, spreading a nice layer of s**t right across the room.

Oh my giddy aunt...I laughed my socks off reading this! I can picture it...one bare footed horrified sister hopping about...heeheeeheeee...opening the door and....bwahahahahaa... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reminds me of the time I'd asked my husband to deal with some cat sick.
"Ugh..I don't do cat sick", was his response and he left it for me to clear up.
At that time, he was a truck driver and getting up at 3am to go to work. I was woken up at 3am one morning by Anglo Saxon oaths, which included something which sounded like "cooking fat" but couldn't have been :?: as he had trodden bare foot in some strategically placed cat sick on the landing.

PAYBACK! :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Happy with my lot
Motherwoman
KG Regular

I find I can't eat Hollandaise sauce as it resembles what you've just described... you clear up enough of it it puts you right off. :shock:
Chantal
KG Regular

I have to be honest, I can clear up any amount of animal sick or s**t, it's human that I can't deal with.

I've never made Hollandaise sauce that looks like that :shock:
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic