Protection for small greenhouse

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Catherine
KG Regular

Last year we were given a small green house which we put on our top plot which is open to high winds. We had no problem till today. :shock: We have only one plastic panel in the roof all the rest are glass. It blew out today as the door had jiggled open in the wind. I was wondering if it would help if we covered the green house in wind proof netting which we have loads of to stop any more of the panels blowing out. My OH disagrees with me. :roll: I just think that it would stop the wind blowing against the panels. The chap who gave it to us left it with the door open all winter and lost almost all his glass.
Fleurisa
KG Regular

You need to replace the missing piece or tape plastic over the hole, then wedge the door shut to stop the wind getting in
Geoff
KG Regular

My big greenhouse used to regularly lose the same panes in a big blow so I stuck them in with clear silicone. I have lost some others since but nothing like what used to happen. I agree, make sure the door can't vibrate open.
Catherine
KG Regular

We will be going and siliconing the glass in as soon as the weather improves as we thing that will help with our problem. we have made sure that the door will no longer bounce open.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic