Greenhouse perspex!

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Little blighters at the school behind have broken the glass in the roof of my greenhouse - full roof panel. This happened a few years ago & I had to replace 2 sections & after much confusion with measurements I got Perspex & have been so much happier & relaxed with their ball games. I don't know name of company though, but they were really helpful, although I did have e-mail them directly to basically ask for a sheet that would fit a 6' x 8' greenhouse as was cut to size & daren't risk my dodgy measurements, especially in mm's!

Any recommendations of companies?? I had it on my old computer but it died & can't remember their name.

Westi
Westi
glallotments
KG Regular

One problem is that if you replace large sheets of glass with perspex it flexes and often blows out in windy weather. We got over this by adding extra wooden strips glued across the perspex to produce extra sort of glazing bars. Doesn't answer your question but something you may want to be aware of
FelixLeiter
KG Regular

Acrylic sheet (Perspex) is available from most DIY outlets. It is easy to cut to exactly the size you want with a saw. It is good for replacing panes or for where they are vulnerable, but I don't recommend glazing your whole house in Perspex because its properties are quite different from those of glass.
Allotment, but little achieved.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic