Dog Biscuits

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Thanks Richard - big relief this end! They do have a teeny bit of onion in their diet - but then one of them has oranges, strawberries, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, apples etc (mostly stolen!) - daren't let her on lottie as she would definitely be in trouble - from excess!!! :D :D

Westi
Westi
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Hi Westi.

I didn't really want to represent this subject any further, Peter doesn't want to be seen to be wrong even in the face of all the evidence that garlic is useful for dogs, on the subject of a dog becoming anaemic, anaemia isn't terminal. Many women become anaemic for a period during their monthly cycle. Apples contain cyanide but an apple isn't going to kill your dog any more than a weekly garlic supplement is.

Also, considering how friendly and tolerant everyone is on this forum I feel that Peter is occasionally exceeding his position as a moderator so it's best I don't interact with him.

The internet is a massive source of useful information, forums on a wide scale of subjects exist and help people to help each other and it's important we keep our facts in order and if there is any doubt to not allow anecdote or misconceptions to become fact. With the help of facts from this forum, some book-reading and trial-and-error i've managed to put together a decent kitchen garden that in only two seasons is healthy and productive.

Lets keep it that way.

That is the basis of my strength of feeling and i'm sorry to you and others that i've shown my sharp corners.

Peace.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
peter
KG Regular

Richard, leaveing a topic alone after giving you a reply and letting you get on with it without forcing my point of view is polite.
I have no axe to grind, but if I do not agree with you , choose not to argue or change my point of view, you say I exceed my position as moderator?

I think not, though. I conceed I am brusque or terse on occasion.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

peter wrote: I conceed I am brusque or terse on occasion.

And it's because you feel you have licence to be brusque or terse that you exceed your position.

Internet forums work when the users consider everything is text, we have no facial or other interaction available to us so tolerance and consideration is paramount to the smooth working.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I think this should now be drawn to a close, we don't want any long term bad feeling. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

Dear OH

A wise comment which should be acted on.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic