Looking on the bright side

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Colin Miles
KG Regular

I haven't had to waste 2 hours every week mowing the lawns.

I haven't had to do any weeding, other than clearing those I hadn't cleared last year.

I haven't had to worry about watering the plants in the greenhouse or them being scorched.

By the time the potatoes emerge I shouldn't have to worry about protecting them from frost!

Thanks to the cold and the extreme dryness, all the seedlings in the greenhouse have done remarkably well, even if they have grown very slowly.

I haven't had to worry about hardening plants off, they did that in the greenhouse!

The runner bean supports are still in place so I won't have to bother putting them up - never got around to dismantling them!
Diane
KG Regular

Brilliant :D
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Bright side at the moment... my wellies don't leak...
peter
KG Regular

I haven't had to worry about how my seedlings are doing, cos I haven't sown anything yet. :?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Today the bright side is: The washing dried!
Monika
KG Regular

Two more advantages of the recent cold weather:

We found a box of Sarpo Mira potatoes from last year in the garage (where we keep our potatoes) and they are fine, no sign of any sprouts!

We are still using our own shallots and garlic from last year, also kept in the garage.

We usually run out of decent potatoes, shallots and garlic about February or March.
retropants
KG Regular

I'm still using my garlic too, loads left for some reason (I think I was a little lazy with my cooking!) it is still firm, just starting to show green tips, so I will continue to use it until it becomes soft.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic