99P Shop

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Shallot Man
KG Regular

Traipsed behind the Memsahib last Friday into a 99p shop, they were doing a pack of five tomato seed[ Moneymaker, Garden Pearl. Gardeners Delight, Marmande & Sunbaby] a total of 140 seeds,for you guessed it 99P, now that can't be bad. :wink:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Shallot Man, a bargain indeed, lucky you dear wife got you traipsing. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

That's a good bargain and will probably provide enough tomato seeds for a lifetime as they seem to keep for ever if stored in a cool place. I think the seed packets from these shops are better than the plants they occasionally sell which can sometimes be poor little specimens. Having said that, I bought a blackcurrant bush for £2 from one of these places a couple of weeks ago which I'm hoping will perform for me if I'm patient enough.
adam-alexander
KG Regular

I realise that I am upping the ante a bit, - but we don't have a 99p Shop here - but in Poundland they have some good mixed selections of seed.
Their 6 in 1 range - last year we bought the Mediterranean Selection: Aubergine, Tomato, Oregano, Spring Onion, Basil and Rocket - £1. The toms, onion, and rocket were a great success, the aubergines, well we're too far north really and the oragano & basil I gave away. Just checked the website and there are some great 'starter' packs of seed, - If you have a Poundland near by certainly worth a look.

a-a
Tigger
KG Regular

Don't forget Lidl - they always have bargain seeds at this time of the year but they're better than ever this time, allowing for the fact they are European vegetables/flowers - no Broad Beans or Parsnips!
adam-alexander
KG Regular

I stand corrected! - we do have a newly opened 99p shop here! - called in today and was amazed at the bargain seed packs. The multi-packs mentioned by Shallot Man above and single varieties at 99p for four. All are tried and tested popular varieties, but bargains none the less. Also a good selection of garden accessories - if you have a 99p shop locally, certainly worth checking out.

a-a
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic