Cape Gooseberry

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Tigger
KG Regular

I've put some in for you Seedling. Glad yours survived the journey Lizzie.

It will be good if they're successful - they're on sale in Waitrose this week at £9.99 a kilo!
seedling
KG Regular

Thanks Tigger. See you on Sunday. Seedling
arthur e
KG Regular

Wellie, Now I come to think of it I'm sure they were in pots and your thoughts on Aubergines needing restricted roots probably explains why I've never had much sucess with them when I planted them in the soil in the tunnel and just got lots of greenery. I might try them again in pots and see what happens.
Thanks for that
Arthur
Wellie
KG Regular

Arthur,
The pleasure is all mine, providing I'm a little bit right. As I say, it's only 'gut feeling' from what I've gleaned since I've been interested in growing them, and so far, I've been kind of 'knee deep' in them, and in NO WAY COMPLAINING !
Would you like me to post up my Cape Goosegog Jam recipe in the TKG recipe section sometime ?

Somehow me thinks us Cape Gooseberry Growers might just 'corner a market here and make a killing ' !!!
Did you know that you could 'potenially' sell the ripened fruits at a considerable 'mark-up' to local trendy restaurants? (£9+ per kilo? you're KIDDING !)
Clearwell Castle here I come !!! Weddings of the rich and famous !.......... Done Deal Mate !!

But before you sell them all, please please make one pot of my jam. It is velvet laid onto toast......
Lots of luck
Wellie
Chez
KG Regular

We're growing Cape Gooseberries for the first time this year too. Still can't quite get my head around it, as they practially grow wild in NZ and therefore taken for granted and often overlooked in favour of kiwifruit. Anyway, OH loves them so we're growing them for the first time this year. I for one, would love your jam recipe, Wellie!
The cow is of the bovine ilk
One end is moo, the other, milk.
lizzie
KG Regular

Me too please Wellie. Having tasted your apple and mint jelly, this is sure to be as delicious
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic