LAMB RECIPE IN THIS MONTHS ISSUE

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

GIRLS MUM

HI, MY HUSBAND SUBCRIBES TO YOUR MAGAZINE AND I SAW A DELICIOUS RECIPE FOR LAMB IN PITTA BREAD, BUT OUR COPY IS IN OUR CARAVAN AFTER A WEEKEND AWAY AND I WONDERED IF ANY ONE WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO POP A COPY OF IT UP FOR ME. WOULD REALLY LIKE TO TRY THIS RECIPE OUT SOON AS HAVE BOUGHT THE MINCED LAMB AND EVERYTHING. MANY THANKS. :D
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi Grils mum: Here's the recipe.

For the Salad:
1tsp coriander seeds
1/4 - 1/2 cucumber, diced
8-10 radishes, quartered
6 tbsp Greek yogurt
juice and grated zest of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper.

For the burgers:
450g/1lb miced lamb
small onion, finely diced
1tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
pich garam masala
2 tbsp fresh coriander
veg oil for frying
4 pitta breads
rocket salad to serve.

Method:
Dry fry the coriander seeds to bring out their flavour. Add to the cucumber, radishes, yogurt, lemon juice and zest and gently stir together.

In a large bowl mix together the lamb, onion, cumin, paprika, garam masala and fresh coriander. Season well. Shape into four burgers and set aside.

Put a splash of oil in a frying pan or grill pan and heat until hot. Add the burgers and cook on each side for 6-7 mins o until cooked to your liking.

Warm the pitta breads (toasters are good) and spilt open on one side. Fill with the rocket salad, add the burger and top with a spoonful or two of cucumber and radish salad.
Lots of love

Lizzie
girlsmum

for the recipe, it's really appreciated. Hubby will be pleased. :D
GIRLS MUM

HI ALL, JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT I MADE THESE LAMB BURGER THINGYS TODAY AND THEY WERE BLOOMIN' HANDSOME. WOULD WELL RECOMEND THEM, QUICK AND EASY LUNCH, HUBBY WAS VERY PLEASED. :wink:
lizzie
KG Regular

Thanks Girls Mum

Might have a bash too. They do sound rather tasty. Something that could be prepared at home and cooked up at the lottie too.

Well sorted
Lots of love

Lizzie
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Lizzie,
I made Lamb Burgers for my Grandchildren last week and they all tucked into them like there were no tomorrow. I did them will chips and every plate was clean when they had finished.
I have made some this morning for tomorrows lunch.
By making then today and putting them in the fridge the chopped onions enfuse into the meat. Hmmmm....
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic