Fluid sowing

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Scorzonera
KG Regular

Sorry if this has been discussed before (I'm new), but I am having a problem locating any wallpaper paste without fungicide to use for fluid sowing. It may sound daft, but I am considering mixing up some porridge instead. I would be grateful for any tips, as the porridge idea is a stab in the dark! :?
John
KG Regular

I seem to remember that this has always been a problem with the fluid sowing idea - finding paste without fungicide. Cornflour might be better than porridge - make a paste of about 2 tablespoons of flour in a little water, then add this to 1/2 pint of water and gently bring to the boil stirring all the time - it should come fairly clear. Just like making a sauce or thickening gravy really. If its too thick just add a little hot water (you can't thicken it though by adding more flour!!).

John
Tigger
KG Regular

Instead of using a plastic bag for fluid sowing - try an (empty and clean) plastic mustard container, the american style ones with the 'twist to open' nozzle. The hole is just the right size and they're easy to fill as the top screws off.
richard p
KG Regular

porridge may not be the ideal carrier, its likely to get eaten by something!!
Scorzonera
KG Regular

Right - I have just got back from Tesco and am now armed with cornflour and a squeezy mustard bottle. I'll let you know how it goes (after I have eaten lots of mustard very quickly!) Thanks for your help
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic