Hayter or?

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

JohnN
KG Regular

My faithful Hayter Harrier 56 (Briggs & Stratton engine) looks to be nearing the end of its life (15+) It's been brilliantly reliable and I'd normally replace it with a similar machine ... but. several people have told me that Hayters aren't what they were (new overseas owners or something). Can anyone give guidance here, just a factual opinion from someone who's had one recently would do, don't want to land KGF in the courts!
Thanks, John N
peter
KG Regular

Factory still going strong just two miles from me & my neighbour still working for them twenty years plus.

Check one out in a dealer. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Geoff
KG Regular

My Hayter Ride-On is a re-badged American job but I don't know if that applies to other products in their range. Having said that it is reliable and solid although it does have some design stupidities; the engage cutter, cutter height and gear change controls stick out and catch trees and bushes and you can't remove a full catch bag without losing clippings (tips OK if you are just piling it up, now I've disengaged the micro-switch, but I put a lot in the compost).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic