Mini greenhouse covers

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

peacocks
KG Regular

Can anyone recommend a supplier for replacement covers please? We need three 4 tier covers 69cm wide and one 4 tier 90 cm wide. Found one with 69cm on offer for £7 but there was £4.99 postage, presumably that's on each one. Thanks
Colin_M
KG Regular

peacocks wrote:Can anyone recommend a supplier for replacement covers please? We need three 4 tier covers 69cm wide and one 4 tier 90 cm wide.

If you look on eBay, or do a Google, you will find many suppliers. Our local Wilkinsons also had some a month ago and I think they were less than a fiver (though don't know what size they were - the mini greenhouse/upright coldframes come in 3, 4 and 5 shelf heights).
Urban Fox
KG Regular

I bought my replacement covers - for a 4 tier greenhouse from wilkinsons.

They do two versions.

£5.99 gets you a thick heavy duty cover - use this link to see it
http://tinyurl.com/csus2b

or

the standard clear PVC cover for £3.99

http://tinyurl.com/cse6ul

I bought one of each - the clear one for summer and the heavy duty for winter.

No need to pay postage - you can get them to deliver it to your nearest store and pick it up from there yourself.

UrbanFox
Primrose
KG Regular

Thanks for that helpful link Urban Fox. I had no idea that there were two types of covers - thick and thin, for summer and winter use, which may cause me to re-evaluate how I use my mini greenhouse. Mine (from Wyevale) has the thin summer cover, and fearing it would not survive the winter frosts, I usually remove the cover and move the structure intact into our covered potting shed area at the side of the house where it's away from the elements. Do you know if the thick winter cover is frost-proof ? If it is, I may well leave my greenhouse out in its position against the house wall all year and try and use it for growing a few hardy salad leaves like endive. Does anybody else have any experience of being able to grow anything in them over the winter months when the light level is low.
Urban Fox
KG Regular

I only bought my replacement covers a few weeks ago. So, not sure if the thicker cover is frost proof ...until next year :wink:

It certainly seems more durable and looks it will last longer than the original - which perished after a couple of years.

When I did some searching for a replacement cover I also found one that was just made of fleece. Maybe that and the clear one - will keep out the frost.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gardman-Tier-Mini-Greenhouse-Replacement/dp/B0011NRW5G

I 'm hoping to do some autumn sowing of beans in my mini greenhouse to get an early start.

UrbanFox
peacocks
KG Regular

Thanks for that, Urban Fox. There is a Wilkinsons at Basingstoke, about 12-13 miles away, so no problem to pick up.
scrumpyone
KG Regular

peacocks,

Did you have any success with the 90cm wide cover?

We also have one of these that needs replacing & can't find one. :( There are plenty of 70cm ones about but not the 90cm. Any suggestions please folks?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic