Lovely weekend promised - what has everyone got planned?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Catherine
KG Regular

We have had a lovely day here today. Went for a speed walk this morning at 6.15am, my new getting fit regime. Done it three times this week. (Yesterday morning I woke up at 5.15 and thought I would have 10 more minutes and woke again at 7.30, too late to go out). \this morning I saw two deer grazing in a meadow and they did not seem too worried about me.

Then I stripped the bed, washed and pegged out, cleaned the kitchen, did two more wash loads, washed and cleaned the car, opened my polytunnel, put my broad beans out to enjoy the sun, then sorted the front garden out. Pheew. I think I have just run out of steam.

Tomorrow we are off to the Lake District to walk up Mellbreak in Loweswater, Saturday we are working on the allotment and no plans for Sunday yet.

Just watched the weather forecast and it is looking really good for the week end. :D
Geoff
KG Regular

More weeding and sowing, is this where you are going?

Loweswater_R.jpg
Loweswater_R.jpg (173.38 KiB) Viewed 4282 times
Primrose
KG Regular

More gardening, naturally. When the sun shines outdoors, the dust is allowed to accumulate indoors. Sowing the first batch of peas I've grown for some years, if only for the luxury of eating them raw from the pods. But it was such a lovely morning that it was a case of Carpe Diem. The sun umbrella went up on the patio table and we had breakfast outdoors for the first time this year. OH has just disappeared off to watch football and I'm about to prune my blackberries.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well what a gorgeous day, i have been sowing, hoeing, mowing, blowing and now glowing. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

First really warm day of the year :)

Early start - exterminated a nest of rats, planted half my potatoes (second half tomorrow), up to the garden centre for compost and plants, lunch outside, feet up for a couple of hours, watered wilting crops in polytunnel - now for an early night, when I've got those ducks and hens to bed.
snooky
KG Regular

Called out to a wayward boiler at 5a.m. then on to Llanelli and Swansea to complete my day's work .Stopped off at a garden centre and bought a couple of French Tarragon plants,then off up the motorway and the allotment to plant a couple of rows of Rooster potatoes.
Picked some fresh,young rhubarb,which Pam poached in a little water,castor sugar and the syrup from stem ginger.Yummie.Doused in custard,double yummie!Not planned but the highlight of the day.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
glallotments
KG Regular

Lovely day here too and like Alan we planted half the potatoes. We have got more done over the last few days than the year so far.

Like Primrose dust can do what it likes when the sun shines. Should have washed as next week washing is banned as the drains are being relined but hey - ho!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It will soon be time to apply the sun cream. :)

donedigging
KG Regular

Lovely warm day here aswell, cut the grass for the first time this year......just love the smell :D

Hopefully plant potatoes tomorrow :)
donedigging
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Donedigging, i used to know a bloke who lived in the next village, his wife used to cut the lawns at the pub, while he sat inside drinking what the job was worth.

Very unfair.

Monika
KG Regular

Yes, it's been gorgeous here, too, sunny and almost without even a breeze.

We gave the lawns at home a first mowing and tidied the edges, Planted the first potatoes on the allotment (Rocket, Kestrel, Anya, Blue Danube, Rooster) and planted the onion seedlings (Rijnsburger Balstora) under fleece, together with two pots of leek seedlings (Jolant and Autumn Mammoth 2 - Snowstar) which will be planted separately in the usual way when they have grown a bit.

The parsnip seedlings which I grew "the Johnboy way", by germinating them on damp kitchen paper first, have all come through successfully and are growing on in the cold greenhouse at the moment (saying "cold greenhouse" - in the sunshine today with all the four flaps and the doors open, it still reached 22 degrees!).

No gardening tomorrow - we are hosting the "family feast" for three of our six children together with their spouses and children, so lunch for 12 to cook!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Monika, hope the family feast goes well, and i bet you will do enough food to feed twenty. :)

donedigging
KG Regular

Dear OH,

I love mowing the lawns.... so satisfying :D
donedigging
mrs l
KG Regular

lovely here today as well, nice to do some work in the allotment without having to wear a coat. I sowed 3 rows of peas then ran out so will have to buy another packet tomorrow. I will plant some Charllote potatoes tomorrow and I think I will try germinating some parsnip seed on paper like what was said as I have an unopened packet left of last year- had a very poor crop last year.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Wish it would hurry up and get light. :)

Wonder if Donedigging is getting the mower ready for more grass cutting! :wink: :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic