Basic Cooking Skills.

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

pigletwillie
KG Regular

Dear Guest, be a man and put your name to such a caustic remark.

Well done Beccy, its nice to hear that someone actually can cook rather than talk a good recipe like me :shock:
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".

Sorry pigling bland, but beccy's arrogance is breathtaking. She seems to be the only person on this planet that can cook. She talks patonisingly to anyone else that dares to give an opinion contrary to her's. She should have the good grace to accept that she is not alone on this planet, that there are some very, very good cooks, probably better than her, out here.

Anon
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Put your name where your scardy mouth is then grizzle guts.

I put my name to all of my comments, Anon just doesnt cut the mustard, although there are a few Anglo Saxon ones that do come to mind. I value peoples opinion, but not from scrotes who hide behind anonymity.
Kindest regards Piglet

pigletwillie
KG Regular

Yawn
Kindest regards Piglet

Robin
KG Regular

I am with Piglet on this one, your just a playground bully who admits to signing in as a guest when you say something nasty.

Piglet can be an arse at times but at at least he is honest and stands any critisism that his postings bring him.

You should get in the real world and stop posting like a prick.
Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark.
Bean legs
KG Regular

Here Here.

More like posting like a coward.
Regards

Bean legs
lizzie
KG Regular

If something irritates you, why bother replying to it?

Surely it would be better to ignore the comment.

As for Beccy, good for you. No good hiding your light under a bushel. You are proud to be able to provide good, wholesome food for your family and that should be celebrated. You can come to my house and cook a meal for us anytime. I'll do the pud and provide any plonk you would like.

Also, don't forget Iain who was asking for advice about learning how to cook and the best way forward to go. He should be encouraged and be congratulated for asking in the first place, not subjected to stupid comments from people who don't have the balls to sign their names.

Good luck Ian, go for it and enjoy yourself. Just follow the instructions, and you won't go far wrong.
Lots of love

Lizzie
John
KG Regular

Great posting, Beccy.
I agree with you that you should follow the recipe exactly and respect to your cooking skills. After all the writer must have tested thoroughly before making their recipe public so give him/her a chance and follow it exactly, at least for the first time. For anyone with an analytical turn of mind and an interest in cooking this US site is good:

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/

I always measure everything to the nearest gram!!!

To the moderators I would say its about time to clear out some of the posts that follow Beccy's. We can well do without posters that can't have a proper discussion but simply resort to sniping at each other with comments like 'p---k', 'a--e', 'grizzle guts' and so on.

John
Beccy
KG Regular

Well folks, thanks for the kind comments, and I'm sorry anon if I sound arrogant to you. And was it you I wonder who had problems with my bread help comments?

I did use an 'embarrased' emoticon to suggest that I am not convinced about the claims my friends make - particularly as I know perfectly well that there is a world of difference between a meal with no choice for six to ten and a menu of choices for anyone who walks in. I was trying to explain why I think that initially following the recipe carefully is important, and the whole point of this is while I think I have reached a fair degree of competance now when I started I was as ignorant as any beginner; but the difference that made me a good cook in the eyes of my friends was simply that I followed the recipes. In other words it was not me that was brilliant, but the cookery writers.

I try not to impute feelings to the postings of others as I really don't you well enough and the written word is so easy to misinterpret - there is no emotional context. BUT my assumption is that if I know something it is common knowledge, how can it not be? I have come to realise that this isn't always true and so I post from time to time to share my experiences. I thought that was the point of a forum like this.

Again thank you to pigletwillie, Robin, Bean legs, lizzie and John, for what I will assume is your goodwill :D . And I've book-marked that site John, thanks for the intro!
pigletwillie
KG Regular

With reference to Johns posting, yes words were exchanged with Mr "anon" but I was defending a person who was attacked verbally by a person without the grace to add their name to a posting.

I dont however feel that the moderators are required for such trivia, otherwise they would be deleting stuff all day long. people have different views but at least I have the conviction to put my name to mine and dont hide behind a guest label.

With the exception of "anon", if my wording was slightly strong then I appologise, but really if grizzle guts bends you out of shape, you really need to get out more :D
Kindest regards Piglet

The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

oh god have i laughed,piglet were on earth did you come up with .....you scrote,does it carry on with um and sactum,poor anon should get to l.pool and i'll teach him a few insults that are worth a laugh,and as for beccy...i think is great that your a fab cook,keep it up girl.
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
LakeView
KG Regular

Grock, welcome back. You really are catching up on a lot of reading! Yes, we have been kept entertained for weeks!
Tigger
KG Regular

Grock - Alan's back as well - a double wammy!!
sally wright
KG Regular

Dear All,
what about Margurite Patton? Her 1000 favourite recipes is the cook book that spends most of it's time in the kitchen in my house. Closely followed by her 500 recipes for jams, pickles and chutneys.
Others who I use are Delia, Madhur Jaffrey, Elizabeth Luard and of course Elizabeth David. I have many other cookbooks (@80) but these authors get opened more than the rest.
Regards Sally Wright.
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

has any one tried jamies sticky toffee pud.......its to die for mmmmmm oooooooo arhhhhhhhh :D
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic