Photo upload success!

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

ken
KG Regular

Earlier I posted a query about posting photographs. Alan kindly helped (thanks!)and then a couple of other people asked me to tell them how I did it if I succeeded. That post sees to have gone...
Anyway, I took the simplest option. Fortunately I have software that easily allowed me to reduce the size of pic to 468 pixels wide, as stipulated in the Forum's guide notes. Then, after typing in my post, I scrolled down to the bit about do you want to add an attachment. I clicked on 'browse' which enabled me to identify the picture on my own computer I wanted to use. Clicked on 'Open', clicked on 'Submit', and bingo!
Elaine
KG Regular

Ken.. How do I tell if my computer has the reduction software? I put a photo on but it's a bit ower big...but I did it!
Happy with my lot
ken
KG Regular

Hi Elaine. I think you'll need advice from someone a bit more PC-savvy than me. I've got Photoshop Elements on my computer because I do some semi-professional photographic work sometimes, and the manual (or, more accurately, the book I bought called 'The Missing Manual) told me how to do it. I think it ought to be possible with the Microsoft software that comes with your PC, but I haven't tried that route....
ken
KG Regular

Elaine - It's me again! Open up your picture in MGI Photosuite. I think it will probably be best then to click on edit and make a duplicate of your image so that you still have the original. Then click on 'Image', click on 'Resize', click on 'custom resize' and type 468 in the width box. Click 'OK' and that should do it. Hope I've got that right. Best wishes, K
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic