Halloooooo!!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

Just thought I would check that you are still out there and not lost in the fog!

It's been a real early winter's day today here with fog morning and night and milky sunshine in between. I cut some lovely purple sprouting broccoli (Rudolph) today and dug the last patch of bed, where the last cabbage had been harvested. Although it had frozen overnight, by midday it was quite soft again.

Did you read in the papers that Skipton's high street beat Kensington High Street and Portobello Road, London, for the "Great Street of the Year - 2009" accolade? Now you know where to come for your Christmas shopping! Actually, it has a grand, cheap open market on four days of the week where we buy most of our clothes.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Monika, i'm afraid it will take a bit more than some fog to lose me. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
snooky
KG Regular

I"m here too.I only won a tenner on the Lotto tonight.Can"t go far with that :D :(
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
richard p
KG Regular

i keep droping by to see whats going on, but have been researching what to do on lanzarote in jan, apart from chilling on the beach, the kids will just love the museums ive found :evil: even been able to download a map so we can find our apartment without driving round in circles for hours.
alia
KG Regular

am here. checked plot this morning. what i had hoped was my winter rye sprouting two weeks ago is just grass. :(

ah well, it was an experiment. picked up litter, anyway, so still a productive outing.

my parents in law *love* lanzarote. i think they've done every tourist attraction there. i *think* that was the trip they actually drank cold beer. :shock:
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,
I'm still lurking about too...just posted on the fighter forum ref pair of Typhoon aircraft returning home...
....earlier a bit on Hornby Dublo forum ref wiring for CO-BO Diesel...so currently it seems that another hobby is seeing a resurgance...I dabble in many things. :wink:
....I always enjoy looking at aeroplanes..a hobby that fits with regularly being stood in a garden...I'm happy at that..I have no need to know their numbers...other than there were 2 of them :? :wink:

Still have one more main herbaceous border to fork through and split at work...another was completed this week...we are a bit behind with these due to having started on them late with running an open day into October this year.

We treated oursleves to some open ground Winter digging this week...the cut flower area first..and on Friday one of the vegetable garden squares...the ground turned over really well with much evidence of last years compost application amongst the Bean etc roots.
Winter digging is a treat after fiddly border forking...and of course incorporates garden planning discusions during back straightening pauses...
What was amusing was when a culinary champion from the Big House arrived to ask for some Onions..not long after we had commented that a handfull had got left on a wire frame out in the garden... are we wired for sound. :shock: :wink:

Clive.
Clive.
KG Regular

Forgot to add..I'm lurking here http://www.eforce.co.uk/stream/spw/?id=caroline too at the moment...

C.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Hi there, We've not had fog, but it's been -4C two nights running and the ground if frozen.

Typically the strawberries, blackcurrant and gooseberry I had ordered came yesterday. I managed to dig a hole and put a bit of warmish compost out of the greenhouse in so their roots didn't get too much of a shock and firmed them in the border near the greenhouse so I won't forget them. I've still not decided where to put them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic