Okra

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

My Morning Glory also have seed leaves just like those. That would explain why they want to climb I suppose.
alan refail
KG Regular

CJ

I think Morning Glory is the likeliest answer.

Have a look at this.

The seedlings look like your "okra". There's also a scary video of what those tendrils you notices are going to get up to :wink:
cevenol jardin
KG Regular

Hi guys sorry for the delay in getting back. The pics of Morning Glory do look like the seedlings and the shape of the leaves

I've posted another page on my site with pics of the seeds and a couple of people have suggested Morning Glory too. So maybe that is the culprit. I really only grow stuff that is edible or useful in some way. Has is got any value? I also read it can be invasive, its already wrapping its tenticles around my tomato plants so i really think these plants should be up for the chop unless anyone knows of a use for them.

I've been busy tustling with the person who sent me the seeds trying to find out from her what she might have sent me by mistake but getting no answers - I'm a bit annoyed really. Fine to make a mistake, we all do now and again or all the time if you are my other half , :lol: but if i had made such a mistake i would have sent new seeds out asap and made sure I worked out what i had sent in their place, unfortunately what I got as a response was why don't i pop into wallmart and buy a packet :shock:
That is just not cricket :roll:
Getting closer to the land www.masdudiable.com
cevenol jardin
KG Regular

alan refail
KG Regular

Morning glory - 99% certain after seeing the seeds.

What use? Do a Google image search on Morning Glory Seed and you'll enter the world of hallucinogens :!:

Google results

Edit to say: By the way these are okra seeds
cevenol jardin
KG Regular

Yikes sounds too scary to me, risk of vomiting and poisoning to boot. Nope I'll yank them out and the remaining one in a pot I'll plant to grow up a tree. If it survives without any care from me, then all is well. Harsh i know but that's life.

Anyone want any morning glory seeds? There are plenty left.

The okra seeds look completely different I'll know what to expect thanks Alan.
daylily
KG Regular

Or it might be a sweet potato?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic