seasonal tips

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

vivie veg
KG Regular

Dear Mr Potato Head,

Don't know if it's me or something at your end, but when I go into Seasonal tips it takes up MORE than my whole screen width. ALL the other forums are OK and fit neatly into the screen with a good few centimetres spare.

Help!!!!!!

Vivianne
Chantal
KG Regular

The same thing is happening to me, I thought it was just my computer!
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
paul.r

I'm only guessing but probably everything has resized tp accommodate the slug in a trap pic. it doesnt effect me but some people earlier who are not on broadband complained about the time these postings with big pics take to download. somebody (also some time ago) suggested a gallery for the big pics....rgds paul. p.s. I could be wrong on that slug pic thing is it all the threads in seasonal tips? I'm just off to have a look.
paul.r

no it appears to only be the mice topic, with the pic in. it probably is tha then...rgds paul.
Mr Potato Head

Hi all,

sometimes when one puts a really long link in your browser decides, rather than break it across two lines, that it stretches the containing area to fit it on one line...

...likewise it does the same with pictures that are wider than the normal forum column...

I've tried a couple of 'mods' for the forum, that shrink the pictures to fit better, but they tend to be highly erratic & do funny things to peoples avatars!

So my advice is... er don't post big pictures or long links!
Geoff
KG Regular

Apologies - it was my first try at a picture - I've now reduced it quite a lot although there seems to be something else making it a little wide.
Hope it's better.
Mr Potato Head

Don't worry... it happens to everyone at some point. :wink:

Just a handy tip for all those people that hate 'registering' for a site, just to download a piece of software / read an article etc. There's a handy website called 'bugmenot' where people post generic logins, so you can get what you want... sometimes... :?
Deb P
KG Regular

Thanks for the bugmenot link, brilliantly useful!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic