Dismantling metal greenhouse

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Gilly C
KG Regular

We dismantled all the staging - only the real mcCoy a bench worth keeping he had staging up to the apex !!!! emptied out all the dross 100's of plant pots loads of trays in varying sizes an electric propergator tons of rubbish !!! took out the glass only managed to break 1 though 1 pane already broken :oops: so only the frame to dismantle tomorrow we do not forsee any problems except for levelling the base here :roll:
Compo
KG Regular

Please make sure you secure it well, Gilly no matter where you put it, and face it into the prevailing wind if you can also. There are four greehouses on my plot and they all suffered fairly prolific damage in the last high winds.

Compo
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well done Gilly C, sounds as if you have had a good day. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Tigger
KG Regular

If you want to get rid of any pots/trays/etc - let me know. I can send you details of national charities getting children into gardening and/or engaging the mentally ill in growing things, either of which would be happy to have anything.
Gilly C
KG Regular

I was going to Freecycle them but happy to help out anything like that :P there must be at least 500 pots but some are small ! not many clay but I like those all the plastic can go and only need a few trays as I have quite a few already so yes please
Compo
KG Regular

For reference this is a method for securing a greenouse to a concrete block base, should patent it really eh!!! I should say that the strapping goes under the block and back inside the greenhouse being screwed to the 2x2 timber frame with 2x2 inch screws on the inside and outside And obviously the greenouse is comprehensively fixed to the wooden frame.

Compo

If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Gilly C
KG Regular

we were thinking of doing something similar, easier now we have seen it thank you :wink:
Gilly C
KG Regular

Thanks for all the advice my Greenhouse was erected on Saturday but I had to go away for a few days and still the bench and the bed has not been done !! and now hubby has gone away for a few days. :roll:
Thanks once again pics soon love Gilly
Gilly C
KG Regular

:oops: It is wonderful came complete with staging and automatic roof vents I have just sent for another louvre vent and some shading as it is getting a bit hot in there, I have made a curtain for the door with some windbreak netting to keep the chickens out :lol: so far we are eating rocket, lettuce, spring onions, pak choi , basil and radish :) I have 6 different types of tomatoes see which we like, I usually just have tumblers outdoors and buy the plants this year I have grown my own and some for the girls too , also have chilli, sweet pepper, melon, mini cucumbers sometimes I sit and read out there as we live in a windy spot on the coast here are some long awaited pics

these 2 I have just taken

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Gilly C, it now looks a hive of industry, it,s worth all the hassle wouldn't you agree. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Gilly C
KG Regular

very much so :wink: I didn't realise how much I missed having one, we were a little late getting it erected my son is in the army so we had to wait for him but things are rapidly catching up :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic