Lidl Plant labeller

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Colin Miles
KG Regular

A plant labeller was on my Christmas/birthday list but it was decided that this was too complicated so left to me to buy. Unfortunately when the original post was made Jan4th I was up in Scotland and nowhere near a Lidl. And my nearest is in Carmarthen where I tried today without any luck. As the lad said, they sold out very quickly and they might repeat it but noone knows when.

Those of you who bought it, how have you found it? And the tape, is that ok - waterproof and able to get refills?
Allan
KG Regular

Repeat of posting 3 Jan 07:-

Re P-touch labelling
Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:52 pm

I wouldn't be without my p-touch labeller for anything. I got it at Malvern about 5 years ago.As far as I know there is nothing wrong with the cheap machines around now, they even take 2 sizes of tape but no freebies with them. At about £15 per tape it is that which is expensive. I spent about £80 this year to have a choice of tapes, I have black on white, white on black, white on clear, white on red for both machines plus for posh work Gold on Black!, there are lots of other colours. My machine takes 12 mm only.
The firm I deal with are
The Touch Labelling Co
9 Alhambra Road
Bromsgrove
www.vizid.co.uk
tel: 01527 574910

I had a good search round the net, there is nobody cheaper.
>
The Garden model is TL 100 at £25-ish plus VAT but you get a tape with it. Bear in mind that tapes cost £10-15 anywhere.
Tigger
KG Regular

I can call in at the Lidl in Walsall Town Centre tomorrow and see if they have one left. That's where I got mine. If so, I'll get you one and post it to you. I'll PM you Colin if I can get one and you can let me have your address.

I know for sure the Lidl near my office (Reedswood) didn't get them at all.

I've found a much cheaper source of tapes too - just in the process of checking they're legit and suitable. If they are, I'll post the details.

In terms of it's usefulness, I've only had mine a matter of days but I really appreciate it already.
Tigger
KG Regular

Sorry Colin. I went in my lunchtime yesterday but they've sold out. If I'm anywhere else in the next week or so and I spot a Lidl shop, I'll check again for you. There may be some left at Dudley and I'm going there soon.
Colin Miles
KG Regular

Thanks Allan and Tigger. And Tigger, please don't go out of your way to check further as I doubt very much whether there are any left. But the Lidl looks to be exactly the same machine as the 'expensive' ones. So I have a dilemna!
peat
KG Regular

the lidl one is a genuine ptouch and the labels are waterproof. I have seen them before and when I went to buy and asked if the labels were waterproof nobody ever knew, so never bought. As this was cheap, I thought that if the label with it was not waterproof I would have to buy them.
Pete
skype me on pmrout
"To be a successful farmer, one must first know the NATURE of the SOIL" Xenophon , Oeconomicus 400 B.C.
Colin Miles
KG Regular

Just to say that my local garden centre - not one of the big chains - had one in for £30, which is the cheapest I have found apart from the Lidl, and no postage, so I bought it!
Tigger
KG Regular

I think I may have found a very cheap source of tapes. I'll check them out before posting.......
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic