Cleaning Poly tunnels

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

roughlee
KG Regular

Algon is great, just spray and wait. Its recommended for polythene, some cleaners react badly with polythene. With Algon there is no need for srubbing (always difficult on polythene) try http://www.firsttunnels.co.uk/subcategory.asp?catid=28
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Spike,
I recommended Algon last year as I have been using it for quite a time.

Copy.
Tue May 09, 2006 7:14 pm

Hi Brenjon,
I can highly recommend the following:-
ALGON ORGANIC ALGAE CONTROL.
Kills Algae, Moss and Lichen on Brick, Stone, Concrete and Tarmacadam etc.,
Contact Algon on 01257 262620 to find out where it is obtainable in your area.
It is a chemical and is has a warning that it is an Irritant.
I used it to clean paths that were all covered with moss and Algae and it did the job admirably. I also cleaned the outer of one of my Polytunnels and that was like magic.
It looks like the answer to a maidens prayer for you.
-------------------
This posting was in conjunction with cleaning Algae from a Patio.
Algon is useful in a number of situations as mentioned. I spray it on with a fine spray and nature does the rest.
If you phone them they will give you the name of your nearest stockist's. I'm sure you will never regret it.
JB.
Allan
KG Regular

What is the smallest size of package? From the website the smallest by direct order would appear to be 5 litres. We might have use for 1 litre to try out but past experience is that a big size may never get used up. All GCs should have it but I've never seen it there.
A quick search of 2.5 litres gives Two Wests, the Organic Catalogue and First Tunnels, but there is carriage to pay.
I have e-mailed Algon to see if I can get the stockists' addresses in Hereford & Monmouth
[email protected]
Johnboy
KG Regular

Allan,
My supplier is in Telford which is too far for you as it is on my limit and quite a long way from you.
I'm afraid I cannot remember the name of the supplier which I always visit when in Telford but
I simply go there automatically. Not sure I have ever known the name. Sounds awfully sad doesn't it.
I buy in 5L containers but the also stock 2.5L.
JB.
Tigger
KG Regular

I'm only a few miles from Telford if I can be of any help.
Allan
KG Regular

I sent an e-mail to find out stoclists in Hereford or Monmouth. I got a reply that there are none in Hereford but Millbrook GC just outside Monmouth town is a stockist, it's near our farm so suits me. I don't know yet what sizes they stock.
Allan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic