Help needed with Squash Recipes!

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Wellie
KG Regular

Colin,
Wherever you see a recipe written for either Pumpkin or Winter Squash, read 'winter squash that I've grown and have available to cook with'..... or waste what you've lovingly grown and put it on the compost heap.
No, DON'T !
Experiment with what you grow, and adapt that particular vegetable to the recipes that you can glean from the sources that you have, is my only point. And as we've said, if you don't like the texture or taste of that one, grow/use something different next time. Nothing lost.. eh?
The 'ideas' sometimes are enough to spark your culinary imagination.
Which, actually, brings to mind a very creative chef that I admire..... Have I mentioned Denis Cotter at all on this Forum before ?!?!?
What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. The good they do is inconceivable....
cevenol jardin
KG Regular

HI Colin
We had pumpkin mash with our christmas dinner, i hadn't held out much hope for it thought it would be a bit boring but it was absolutely delicious.
Just peeled and chopped some butternut squash boiled it till soft then mashed it with a big knob of butter and a spoon of dijon mustard - superb lovely colour too to add to the plate of roast lamb, butter beans in rosemary juice, boiled tuscan kale and sadleback potatoes. YUM
Getting closer to the land www.masdudiable.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic