showing threads as read

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Malk
KG Regular

Is there a way to show that I've read a thread, so I don't have to go over the same ones? It would be good if it could also show if there were new replies.

I'm interested to see how this new forum goes. I liked the old one and had little problem with the speed. But as someone said, it's not the style I came for, but the people. So it's nice to see some familiar names.
Welcome to Finland!!
peat
KG Regular

Hi Malk
I found it very annoying on the old forum trying to find new posts. When I looked and it had a cross I would not look at it. But on clicking on one with a tick, quite often I would find that there was no new posts, it was just that I hadn't looked last time because it had a cross.
with this one it tells you if there is new posts in the category and all you have to do is scroll down or click on new post icon next to the last post on the right hand side.
Pete
skype me on pmrout
"To be a successful farmer, one must first know the NATURE of the SOIL" Xenophon , Oeconomicus 400 B.C.
Malk
KG Regular

Thanks Pete,

but if I look at a thread and then come back the next day I have to remember how many replies were on the thread to know if there are new ones as it doesn't update to show that I've read them already.
Welcome to Finland!!
Mr Potato Head

If you are logged in, then the display should tell you whether you've read any new posts... :D

There should be a yellow 'pen & paper' icon next to forums with new posts in them!

hope this helps

Leigh
Malk
KG Regular

Thanks, I now see and understand.
Welcome to Finland!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic