Atco 8/32 E mower deck belt size - help

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

phade
KG Regular

Hi everyone,

I have an Atco 8/32 E and have a quick question. Does anyone know the correct size of the mower deck belt?

I have tried to search everywhere on the internet (eg. Noma, Murray, Atco etc) to no avail.

Many Thanks,

phade
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,
The belt shows as part number P47390 in a July 1985 Atco parts list....

If not available under this number now it may still be worth talking to a few local Service Agents...maybe, just maybe one may have done a measure up of a belt previously and know a cross reference to a standard stock belt and made a note of this against the entry in their parts records...
www.atco.co.uk then Owners then Service Agent search using postcode.

If you have the remains of a belt it may just be possible to work out a size...machinery agents and engineering suppliers may have a belt gauge to assist with this if original is not totally in tatters.
I have a feeling that it will be a "B" section V belt??...having a top width of 5/8".

B section belts take their size ref from the measurement of the length of the inside of the belt...this will be approx 3" less than the length of the belt measured around the outside edge....

ie; a B40 belt will measure 40" length around inside and 43" length around the outside edge.

Smaller section "A" belts with a top width of 1/2" are similarly sized by the length of the inside...but the difference is 2" from the top edge length.
ie; A40 measures 40" around inside and 42" around outside.

Hope this may help,

Clive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic