Banana Shallot Seed

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Shallot Man
KG Regular

:idea:
Jenny Green
KG Regular

:?
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Shallotman,
I have no :idea: what you want to know asbout seed but there is another thread going about them and a website to obtain seed which to me is OTT price ways.
I bought 10 Banana Shallots this morning and this afternoon I am going to set 5 in water (very shallow) to see if at this late stage they will grow maybe in the tunnel.
The other 5 I am going to disect and get to know the Anatomy. Then fry them tonight! Nice Porterhouse maybe and maybe not more like a nice Lamb Chump Chop.
JB.
peterf
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote::idea:

hi mate,all my went to seed :x im gunna try saving some and resowing just to see what happens :lol:
tracie
KG Regular

Ive got some seed to sow for next year, what time of year did you put your seeds in. Do you think the seeds should have gone in a little later if they have bolted or do you think that it is because of the dry summer we are having this year. :lol:
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
Jennifer
KG Regular

I've had the same problem. All my banana shallots have gone straight to seed. The other shallots planted at the same time in the same bed are fine. Guess I will also be growing them from seed next year.
Jennifer
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Re Banana shallot seed. Rather suspect that they are in fact grown from seed each year. SHALLOT MAN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic