NHS Dentists in Scotland?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Colin2016
KG Regular

A very interesting detailed insight Westi.

Seems everybody has a mental health issue these days, people that call in to the doctor spot on Jeremy Vine show often add they have a mental health issue at the end of their symptoms.

It's good to hear you are getting a generous pension as you should, I guess the hardest part is living long enough to enjoy it.
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Colin,

It is a fine line between mental health, anxiety, personality disorder & several others. I spent a couple of days out with the Mental Health Team, which was enlightening as we thought they were being a little bit obstructive at times & contributing to blocked beds & assaults on staff. I left pretty impressed with them, they actually know many of mental health patients by name & have for years & when interviewing 'others' presenting with 'symptoms', they are pretty quick diagnosing them. This was during Covid time so a lot of extremely anxious folk.

When I started training in the UK (again, as my OZ credentials were not transferrable then), paying into the pension was not mandatory, but it was in OZ & what I paid there was transferred to the NHS pension so continued it, so all in 41yrs; so yes pension was generous reflecting that time. So many of my friends did not contribute until it was made mandatory & they have to continue working to make ends meet, some in their late 70's!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic