House Plants

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Myrkk
KG Regular

OK, I’ve got a dirty little secret… I’ve become addicted to thebeardedplantaholic on insta and I’m coming out of the closet! I’m addicted to house plants (well any plants really) and his feed has finally given me permission to go nuts on the house plant side. I apologise to my other half in advance… sorry, not sorry.

His feed is great and it’s opening up my eyes to the many insta feeds of people with serious plant addictions, who knew it was a thing!
retropants
KG Regular

Oops, me too. I’m going to look him up on instagram!
Clive.
KG Regular

Had a conversation today at work about bulb Lachenalia aloides..the Cape cowslip. My mother had some that I suspect came from her cousin over in Leicestershire, 'Uncle Tom'...kept them for years but now sadly lost and I can't seem to see any just as these were.
Lovely bright flame orange pot of flowers that used to be displayed in the house in a light blue pot at their moment in the year.
After flowering they used to be let dry and stood on the garage south window to bake..and then split and repotted.. a regular ritual, part of my mum's gardening year....

C.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Maybe you should start your own instagram page, Clive, although you may already have one!😀
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic