Exploring Cream Coffee

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Terryms
KG Regular

Title: Exploring Cream Crop Coffee: Methods and Recipes

Hey everyone!

I've been diving into the world of cream coffee lately and wanted to share some exciting findings! Cream crop coffee is known for its unique cream-like taste and texture, and I've discovered a couple of intriguing recipes and studies that shed light on this delightful beverage.

Here are a few recipes I stumbled upon:

1. Cream Coffee Recipe 1: This recipe focuses on a slow brewing method that brings out the creamy notes in the coffee beans. It's a fascinating process and yields a fantastic cup of coffee with that signature creamy touch.

2. Cream Coffee Recipe 2: This alternative method involves a different brewing technique, emphasizing the flavors to bring out the creamy aspect. It's worth experimenting with to find your perfect creamy cup!

For those interested in diving deeper, I came across some intriguing studies discussing the science behind cream crop coffee:

- Study on Coffee Aromas: This study delves into the aromatic compounds responsible for the creamy notes in coffee and offers insights into how different brewing methods can enhance these flavors.

I've been experimenting with various brewing methods myself, and I've found that using Nespresso machines like these (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/7-best-n ... kina-ff4mc) brings out some incredible nuances in the creaminess of the coffee. It's a fascinating journey into the world of specialty coffee!

Let's explore and share our experiences with cream coffee. Feel free to chime in with your recipes, methods, or any intriguing studies you've come across!
robo
KG Regular

One can not beat a cup of tea
Tony Hague
KG Regular

robo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:41 am One can not beat a cup of tea
Well you can, but it is a bit overkill. A stir with a spoon is usually enough.
Westi
KG Regular

Given up coffee & tea as a routine at home, but still enjoy a coffee when I go out, so unfortunately I won't be able to add anything. Sorry.
Westi
Stravaig
KG Regular

I've never heard of cream coffee. I do like coffee but it makes me anxious so I tend to drink decaff if I have it at all.

We bought a velvetiser recently, which is a gadget for making hot chocolate. It sits in a cupboard most of the time but it's nice to have hot choc sometimes, especially at weekends. It's good but the brands of chocolate vary considerably. One is much too sweet. Will find out what brand it is and let you know.
Last edited by Stravaig on Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Hague
KG Regular

I see this is related to the Greek Frappe, which I rather like. I only drink it in Greece though, and I guess it may be like so many things on holiday, good when you're there, but doesn't really survive being brought home. You need the other crucial ingredients - Greek sun, relaxation, convivial surroundings. Probably the only good use of instant coffee.
Stravaig
KG Regular

It's not just about surviving being brought home.

We love Oriental food, especially Thai and Korean, but it's not easy to get authentic ingredients where we live. Sure, the supermarkets sell bottles of this and jars of that but there's a lot more to the cuisines than that.

We generally go to Wing Yip in Croyon, a large and excellent Oriental supermarket, when a big shop is required. Otherwise we like Kookie in Canterbury, which is a nice but smallish shop.

When we went on holiday to Surrey in the summer this year, we found and excellent Thai mini-market in Bordon. They even had fresh Thai vegetables, such as pea aubergines. Not usually easy to get in the UK.
Primrose
KG Regular

Sorry but will have to pass on this one. Dislike the taste of coffee and even always leave the coffee cream chocolate in the chocolate box to rot in the bin!
Myrkk
KG Regular

OOO never heard of cream coffee. Will have to try it. Thinking it might be nice over some ice cream.

Did get a bean to cup machine last year and still experimenting with that. It makes a mean espresso which I make into iced coffee and given I can no longer drink dairy it mixes oat milk in nicely with the coffee to make a flat white, I’ve become slightly addicted.

The one change we found interesting is an electric bean grinder v a hand held grinder. Hand held grinders bring the nuances of the coffee out without making it bitter. electric grinders make the beans taste bitterer.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I used to work for a Lady that always hand ground her coffee beans, and her coffee was always lovely…
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic