Metal Sheds

If you've found the information on the seed packet to be sadly lacking, this is the place to find out more, or add your comments!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

I would like a mini metal or plastic shed to store my netting & stakes in overwinter but reading the reviews they all comment on how difficult they are to put together. As you are aware I am rubbish at DIY so these are not good reviews to read.

Anyone got one? Was it difficult to put together? Would you recommend metal or plastic? What about flooring which does come as an extra on some but with little detail on securing the shed to it? My personal choice would be to put it behind the shed where there are pavers down, it is protected from wind & I could secure it to the shed itself.
Westi
Colin2016
KG Regular

I assembled one last century found it had loads of screws so suggest using electric screwdriver. Was easy to put together, secured to slabs using heavy duty rawlplugs, had no floor but wooden one could easily be added.

Not a lot of height inside but good for storage.

There was a metal shed on my plot when I took over which survived heavy winds unlike the plastic shed on next plot that when flying all over the place.
snooky
KG Regular

Evening Westi,
Have a look at Keter(or similar)storage boxes,on E-bay etc.They might be just the job for your purposes and are relatively easy to slot together.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Westi
KG Regular

Hi snooky! Cheers, a good idea!

I did have an inherited one but it was pretty old when I was given it & just a cheapie one, so didn't last long as the plastic went brittle, but I managed to repurpose a fair bit of it. I will measure up the space width & have a look on line.
Westi
robo
KG Regular

The guy two plots down on the other side of the track erected one we all warned him it needed securing but he didn’t first windy night it went flying down the track doing a lot of damage on its initial flight ,it hit the fence at the far end of the allotments then cleared the fence when it became airborne again I would leave them alone plenty wooden ones going cheap I paid £75 for mr 8 x 6 chicken shed
retropants
KG Regular

Hi Westi, I have a low level Keter plastic one, we keep fire wood in it, so it isn't going anywhere. However, if you are only storing light weight items, it may not be so secure. It was easy to put together.
Westi
KG Regular

Thanks everyone!

I have been looking at Keter & written down the measurements to check the space, so probably will go that way. My 'To Do' list will also include cutting the hedge row behind the shed as I only did the main plot you could see from the front, but the whole area will need a tidy up anyway & it will make a change from weeding & a way safer job now the Adder is not in residence! :)
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Cook has a couple of those at the stables…..I put a couple of old heavy slabs in each one, and they haven’t moved at all….and it’s very windy there!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic