Happy Birthday.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Stravaig, hope you have a wonderful day.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Stravaig. Me also.
Stephen
KG Regular

Happy birthday
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Happy Birthday
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Westi
KG Regular

Happy Birthday Stravaig! (Whatever continent you are one)! ;) x
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Happy birthday hope you have a good one
retropants
KG Regular

Happy Birtdhay Stravaig !
Stravaig
KG Regular

How wonderful life is when you are in the world! Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes. (Especially OH.) :D

Well, I was a bit bonkers and decided to have a party even though we'd just moved house again two days ago - and there's hardly any furniture in here - but there's an Ikea 45 mins down the road. LOL! Dave (husband) went down the road and came back with a table and chairs. You just have to do the best you can.

Oooh, some people are so rude. We had a couple of nice guests, then locust man showed up. You'd think it was his mission in life to take whatever he could get. He forked up whole packets of imported M&S cooked meats (on one forkful!) wolf that down and then go back for more. (Most people would be polite and take a slice or two at a time but that guy is really quite despicable.) I don't like him and wouldn't have invited him in the first place but his wife is nice and I feel sorry for her. Geez, I would have run away years ago if I'd had anything to do with that guy. Urgh.

Meanwhile, I've identified a place in Kent that we could rent - not perfect, ie not next door to a train station, etc, but it looks pretty good - and have sent out probes to see if we might stay ther for six months on our return to the UK. Only a few weeks to do here (until the end of October) and then gawd knows what.

Once again, THANK YOU all for your birthday wishes. Life ain't always easy but it's so nice to feel like I'm not alone and there are people wishing me well. :D
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Glad you made the most of your day, Stravaig….that bloke sounds awful, you should have loaded some of the meat up with the hottest chillies… :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Yeah, that bloke really is awful and I've known that for some time. But his Taiwanese wife is lovely. So what can you do?

Never mind loading stuff up with chillies, how about laxative chocolate? Better still, maybe just some arseneic seasoning.
Even my husband, who is normally very laid back and doesn't criticise people said that he behaved like a locust.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Glad you made the most of your day, Stravaig….that bloke sounds awful, you should have loaded some of the meat up with the hottest chillies… :)

Or puta Bob Martins in it.
Stravaig
KG Regular

What the heck is a Bob Martins?

Normally I just make the best of wherever I am but I have to admit I'm just counting the days/weeks till we're outa here. Nothing wrong with Warsaw, of course, but I just want to move on. I've found a super place in Kent and am trying to make them a good offer. (Their desired deposit, PLUS we could pay three months rent up front - oh go on, just give us the place today...) Let's see what happens.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Oh wow. I'm having a go at some of the wine that some people brought with them as gifts for me. Oh, goodness gracious me. It's difficult to imagine anything more horrible. Blooaargh!
Geoff
KG Regular

Must be the locust.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic