Loo rolls

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

richard p
KG Regular

na just wipe your fingers after
peter
KG Regular

Mr Potato Head wrote:When I saw the link on the list in General Chatter, I thought this was going to be another heated discussion about keeping whitefly off your carrots!

Now, if one's concerned about wastage, one could always use the SAS method... :twisted:

Oh Mr Potato Head, what a sheltered life you must have lead to think your posters would confine themselves solely to the horticultural aspects of toilet rolls. :roll:

Chantal, stop reading now. :oops:

As I one of my ex-army colleagues once told me, the SAS on an obeservation or stakeout were allowed to leave no trace of their presences, everything that came to site left site, after "processing". Plastic bags were provided.......

:idea: Maybe they were under contract to one of these municipal composting organisations to provide the activator.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Chantal
KG Regular

Red rag Peter, red rag, of COURSE I had to read it after that. Now I wish I hadn't...

Allan, I think you're crazy to prefer Izal but we are all a little crazy in our own way and wouldn't it be a bloody boring world if we weren't. Good luck to you AND your twin bumf holders. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Chantal, do you really think we are all a little crazy, i can't imagine what would make you think that. :shock: :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
peter
KG Regular

Allan, I'm sorry, but I now have an unshiftable mental image of you as the "old seadog" played by Tom Baker in "Black Adder II", who derided Edmund Blackadder's every choice and appendage as "You have a womans <insert item under discussion here> my lord". :oops: :D :roll:

"Here is your room Lord Allan, and there is the en-suite facility"
"That's womans en-suite facility, all soft crumply and pink, I want a mans en-suite facility and harsh and crinkly."
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

Chantal
KG Regular

Peter, I think you have it my man. Sorry Allan, that's my image too now. You'll have to post a photo to disabuse us of this...
Chantal

Mr Potato Head

Good grief Chantal! To think that we let you moderate this forum, and yet you're asking Allan to provide photographic proof of his toilet paper habits! :wink:

She was only joking Allan, PM her instead! :twisted:
Chantal
KG Regular

I don't want a photo of Allan in the TOILET for pity's sake; I want a photo of him in his garden or something to get RID of the other image!

What kind of a pervert do you think I am? :shock:

No guys, don't answer that question; it was rhetorical. :lol:
Chantal

peter
KG Regular

Chantal wrote:No guys, don't answer that question; it was rhetorical. :lol:

Damm, damm, dammm. :evil:

I was so enjoying the mental stimulation of composing a considered reply to your question I almost didn't read the rider. :oops:

Allan
KG Regular

As a child I used to spend a large part of my time in the country and one doesn't have loo rolls there, it's hanfuls of grass, leaves etc. I am woundering what the equivalent of Izal could have been in that context. It certainly wasn't a figleaf, they don't grow wild in this country. Rhubarb is too big, laurel to hard and slippery, how about dock, especially if there was a sting in the tail, so to speak, from nettles.
Allan
Tigger
KG Regular

For the first time - I'm speechless!
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Tigger,
Like you I do not believe what I have just read and like you am speechless!!
JB.
Allan
KG Regular

You aren't going to solve it then, and I thought you were resourceful!!! :lol:
The Indian peasants have a solution, literally, they carry a bottle of water and use their right hand for food, left hand for the other.
I recall that for many years we got our hard smooth paper from Boots. With their opting out of so many products lately they dropped the loo rolls, hence the more expensive Izal. I suppose that when that ceases it's back to the wartime habits,newspaper, brown paper bags, telephone directories. At least you had something to read while you concentrated. I never did count the number of 'Smelly's'.
For more reading do a websearch for Adam Hart-Davis and his book
Carrie
KG Regular

When I was a small child we used to have the hard paper occasionally - presumably when the budget wouldn't stretch to soft. This was a real treat for me because
a) it could be used as tracing paper
b)you could fold a sheet over a comb, put in mouth and blow - this was supposedly a musical instrument.

Kids today - don't know they're born eh? (Feel free to add your own cliche here)
Mr Potato Head

My favourite cliche?

"Clichés are only clichés because they're true..."

Brilliant, a tortological cliché! ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic