yellow courgettes

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

fen not fen
KG Regular

I am growing yellow courgettes variety Soleil. They are still in pots at the moment and have all developed yellow leaves. I think it is a mineral deficiency, but the green courgettes and squashes I am growing have no sign of it. Does anyone know why this variety seems to be struggling while the others aren't?
Deb P
KG Regular

I'm afraid I don't know, but did have a similar experience last year. I think I only got one plant to maturity in the end, and it didn't crop that well. I can't remember the variety, began with a 'J'?!
Chantal
KG Regular

Jemmer is another yellow one,is this it Deb? I've grown it again this year. The leaves are more yellow than the green variety and I don't think the yellow ever crop as well as the green. I didn't think about it as a problem, just thought it was to do with the fruit colour :oops:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Deb P
KG Regular

Thats it! Thanks Chantal, I'm getting worried about my memory, yesterday I put a load of washing in, went to get it after it had finished and had forgotten to push the powder drawer in, so it had 'washed' with no powder.....'tis the beginning of a slippery slope I fear...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic