Compulsory registration???

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

John
KG Regular

Is registration now compulsory? If so how has 'Anonymous' been able to make several irrelevant postings all over the place?

John
Tigger
KG Regular

John - if we or you voice any concerns about a poster who has membership, we can alert KGAdmin to these and they can suspend their registration/membership until they receive a response to a direct communication. During this time they will show up as Guests and be unable to submit further postings. Whilst they are unable to make new postings, any previous postings will revert to 'Guest' just like a change in Avatar will change all your Avatar pictures, regardless of when you posted them. (Chantal and Pigletwillie being the obvious examples.)

So - yes - registration is now required if you want to post, but this is also subject to further scrutiny if there are concerns expressed about the validity of the membership.

If this explanation is insufficient, pleas PM me and I will reply.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Hi,

Let me just hop in here - the new section created did not have the same posting permissions as the rest of the board - so was allowing Guest posts.
This has now been fixed (sadly). I hope the nice guest who did post there does sign up and continue to post.

KGAdmin
Tigger
KG Regular

I don't think the 'several irrelevant postings' John is referring to is the one by the nice guest Mr Admin. It's the registered person that we had a number of queries about.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic