Blossom End Rot

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Elaine
KG Regular

Just one of my Alicante tomato plants have fruit with blossom end rot. Not every fruit has it but there have been quite a lot of them.
I have 16 tomato plants in my greenhouse, (8 Alicante and 8 Sparta ) down each side, growing in the border. Each plant has a bottle supplying the roots with water and all are watered regularly, (the top soil is always moist) have never dried out and are fed once a week with Tomorite.
The tomatoes which don't have it are lovely and a good size.

Any ideas please any one? Or is it just one of those things?
Happy with my lot
robo
KG Regular

Try not to spray the plants just water around the roots, cut some of the leaves back to allow the air to circulate around the plants, don't over water which will make a damp environment
Elaine
KG Regular

Cheers Robo. I only water into the bottles and occasionally the topsoil. I have already taken off some of the foliage too. As it has happened to only one of the plants, I'll chalk it up to experience....never had it before. As the saying goes, there's a first time for everything!
Happy with my lot
AlexMason
KG Regular

Have you add bio manure or compost to get plants grow well and to deliver good fruits.
Elaine
KG Regular

Hi Alex. Yes I have. Well rotted stuff dug into the borders! What puzzles me is, just the one plant has the problem....I'm glad it is just the one though. :wink:
If the plant had been at the end of the row, I would have suspected drying out but it's smack bang in the middle.
Happy with my lot
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic