That courgette time of year again!

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

peter
KG Regular

A friend recommended this recipe, not to my taste as I intensely dislike cooked cheese in any form

http://12tomatoes.com/2014/07/dinner-re ... chini.html .

Twelve tomatoes website seems to have a lot of recipes, my friend posts at least two a week to Facebook.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Diane
KG Regular

I like the look of that recipe. My courgettes are just developing nicely (I have the round ones this year).

Thank you.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Brought six in just now. I've been working my way through the What shall I do with all those courgettes book. Might try the sausage meat version tonight.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Try some sliced courgette marinaded in lemon and garlic overnight, maybe not in the fridge.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
robo
KG Regular

Richard, ive just tried the courghettes in garlic, I hope ive done it right, I squeeze 2 lemons and also zested them ,2 cloves of garlic crushed, 2 courghettes 1 green 1 yellow peeled and sliced, I will find out tomorrow if ive done it right
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Brilliant, doing it right is a matter of taste so play with it and let us know how it worked out. 2 lemons and two crushed garlic seem a lot for so few courgette. I suppose it depends on how big the courgettes were.

I'm a garlic-head so anything I prepare is over the top with garlic but I don't like a lot of chilli whilst I do love chilli. :D

This time of year I use a lot of parsley and a bit of mint with warm new potatoes, some don't like the parsley and some love it but I put too much in.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've just tried a new very easy recipe with a salad for lunch:

Wash and cut the ends off a courgette
grate on a coarse grater
add a splash of medium olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar
plenty of black pepper
stir in a handful of roasted salted cashew nuts

Very quick and easy

I thought this might also be good with lemon juice instead of the vinegar, and am going to try it with a few chopped anchovies instead of the nuts. The possibilities are endless.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Don't forget capers and those black-salty olives.

I just did a garlic and lemon marinade, it didn't taste right so I tested the courgette raw. It tasted like petrol.

I need to grow courgettes, everyone gets a glut so I'll join-in.

This may have something to do with my sensitivities (Read OCD) though I did manage to get an agreement out of a forum-er about the taste of store-bought carrots being like paraffin.
Richard.
robo
KG Regular

Hi ricard, I had some on a salad with toasted goats cheese I went down well I think it would be nice with fish
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic