Artificial lighting?

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

steph_avaloo
KG Regular

Hi,

My name is Stephanie and I'm currently writing my bachelor thesis on the usage of grow lights and the online market for grow ligts (artificial lighting). In order to gain insight I have spoken to several persons on similar forums. I was getting alot of information and decided to make a tiny questonnaire. (By grow lights I mean any form of lighting used to help plants grow)

I would really appreciate if you can help me out by filling it in. It will take no more than 1 minute of your time. It does not matter if you do not use grow lights, your response and opinion is still helpful.

This is not being used for commercial purposes, just for my bachelor thesis.

Here is the link to the survey http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1208298/G ... hts-survey

Your response is highly appreciated!! Thank you in advance. :D
Diane
KG Regular

Done it..
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
steph_avaloo
KG Regular

Thanks a lot Diane!
glallotments
KG Regular

I started to do this and then found the questions were difficult to answer. I have two grow lights but was asked later as if I hadn'y bought one.

AS for the questions asking what type og veg, fruit, flowers etc I grew - that is impossible to answer simply as we grow lots of different things. I'm afraid I gave up on it - sorry.
Westi
KG Regular

Agree glallotments - not enough choice of answer! I only have one I set up in my back room to supplement when cloudy & miserable outside to try to overcome the legginess as they try to find the dim natural light! Doesn't work all the time but does help I'm sure!

Steph - don't give up - rework your questionnaire. I don't think I had a plan when buying my light - thought it would help, looked on website & bought one!

Westi
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

I completed it - one posting might have been enough! I just gave long lists about what I use them for.
steph_avaloo
KG Regular

Thank you all for helping me out!

glallotments and westi, I'm sorry if it was difficult to answer. I've changed it many times based on the first few results that I've gotten. I'm so far along now that it would not be possible to add an answer cause then I would not be able to compare it with the people who have already filled it in. I tried by most questions to give the option other: where you can fill in whatever you like.

You'll always receive tips from people when doing a survey. I've appreciated all these tips and will definitely use them for my next researches. This is just the beginning.

Thanks again!
steph_avaloo
KG Regular

Thanks for filling it in Geoff! Every response is so helpful. I still have a few to go.
glallotments
KG Regular

steph_avaloo wrote:Thank you all for helping me out!

glallotments and westi, I'm sorry if it was difficult to answer. I've changed it many times based on the first few results that I've gotten. I'm so far along now that it would not be possible to add an answer cause then I would not be able to compare it with the people who have already filled it in. I tried by most questions to give the option other: where you can fill in whatever you like.

You'll always receive tips from people when doing a survey. I've appreciated all these tips and will definitely use them for my next researches. This is just the beginning.

Thanks again!

The questions that were difficult were - What type of vegetable (etc) do you grow. My answers would rend to be a large variety to all of these questions so not specific so if this is all you want I'll complete it.
steph_avaloo
KG Regular

glallotments, in that case, I would just write down like the two vegetables you plant the most or the three most. If you don't name all, thats not a problem. In the question before that you can give an answer whether you grow vegetables or fruits or herbs etc. That answer gives me enough of an idea. Then you can choose to fill in the your two most planted vegetables or two most plants fruits etc.

I hope this makes it more clear for you, if not Im here to answer all your questions :)

Thank you so much for taking the time for this, I really appreciate it.
steph_avaloo
KG Regular

I have just about 20 more to go, can you guys maybe help me spread the word?

I need a few more responses to complete my research. I would really appreciate if you can help me

Here is the link to the survey: http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1208298/G ... hts-survey

Thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic