White fly

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

robo
KG Regular

Has anyone used the yellow sticky papers for killing these pesty things, the ones I'm talking about are around 6" x 8" yellow in colour and sticky both sides , I'm trying them at the moment I fastened one to a can and put it near some lettuce on Saturday despite 2 days of gales and torrential rain when I checked it today it was covered in the buggers and still sticky so I've put 2 more up my plot is looking like a beach scene with little yellow flags fluttering in the wind
Monika
KG Regular

I have used them for years, always hanging up one at each end of our 6'x8' greenhouse when I first start to sow or plant things in spring. They do catch the 'undesirables' but unfortunately will also trap honey bees and butterflies when they alight though, luckily, this does not happen very often.
I have never tried them outside and certainly not at this time of the year.
Primrose
KG Regular

I could do with hanging some in my vegetable plot near my curly Kale because they are absolutely swamped with whitefly but have never previously tried them outside because I wasn’t sure whether the sticky stuff washed off with rain or was deactivated by frost. When I shake the plants it s like a snowstorm. I,ve previously used them indoors quite successfully.
Westi
KG Regular

Another good year for them on my brassica's. Don't use - or actually thought of using yellow traps, just spray them with washing up liquid in water but they come back - or do they never die?? From the volume I've got my plot it would look like a fair ground if I used them & cost a fortune, as I think I'd need loads judging by the number I've got!

Whatever they don't do much damage & wash off easily when I harvest!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic