Home Made Pesticides?

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

stp128
KG Regular

I want to make a pesticide at my home to get rid of rodents, can anybody guide me about that? actually i am fed up with the fumigation process every year and i want to do it by my self now. Please help
peter
KG Regular

Assuming you are in the UK, home made pesticides, fungicides or herbicides are actually illegal and dangerous.
The restrictions are there to protect; people, other animals and the environment.

So please either,
    buy approved rodent baits and use responsibly
    buy and use legal humane traps
    or engage the services of a professional pest controller
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Spot on advice there from Peter.

ANY of the items he mentions have to be tested, approved and licensed by whatever DEFRA is called this week.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

Try mixing bread crumbs with pollyfiller obviously dry if you can get them to eat it you will find them dead and stuffed
Pa Snip
KG Regular

robo wrote:Try mixing bread crumbs with pollyfiller obviously dry if you can get them to eat it you will find them dead and stuffed

Polyfilla, Was that what did for Monty Pythons parrot ?? :lol:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

I think it did for his python
Westi
KG Regular

Hi stp128!

I've got big rodents on my plot, just bought a rat station & some bait from Amazon! I'm sure there are home remedies available (try Pinterest), but either way is pretty horrifying when you see a critter die! Got to get your head around right critter in right spot & your interests & needs - once you realise wrong critter in wrong place it is easier. Especially as they will die away from your patch. The one I saw die was nothing to do with me, but I did wish I was braver with the shovel to end it for that critter, but I was too shocked.
Westi
stp128
KG Regular

Thanks for your suggestions guys, I really appreciate your effort
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic