Greenhouse disinfection/tomato leaf mould

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

tigerburnie
KG Regular

I can't see the COSHH(control of substances hazardous to health) legislation being changed as it would open up a litigation avalanche, I doubt we'll see any changes to our current controls, they just might not get updated going forwards.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
jayjaybee
KG Regular

I totally agree. IMO the powers that be will leave regulations alone, as it will be too complicated to disentangle, that is unless it benefits them. Cynical.... Yes maybe a tad.
The upshot is that I won't have anything to combat my tomato leaf mould in the near future. I feel some spring cleaning coming on, although not today, the sun might be out but it's minus 3 and windy.
peter
KG Regular

Sulphur candle or spray copper based fungicides.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Westi
KG Regular

Funny old thing this Bexit isn't it - unknown outcomes, but thinking being part of the Commonwealth will help us on our way, trade wise! Might even start to influence other areas as well with the assuredness of income.

I only say this after listening to a conversation on the bus from a couple of old dears. Reading the paper to each other the bit about Aus going to trade with us. Their comments were around the Commonwealth re-uniting stronger & lead to the gem - 'At least we will have Kiwi's and Bananas'! :) :)
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And more New Zealand lamb....oh that's not a good thing... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
jayjaybee
KG Regular

The greenhouse is the cleanest it's been since I bought it in '82. It has been bleached, J's fluid ed, steamed and scrubbed within an inch of its life. Today I replaced the top 2" of border soil. If the tom leaf mould comes back this season I'll tear my hair out. Now I've got to sterilise everything that goes back into it. I regret being a pack rat and keeping every pot, label and tray since '82 as well. I console myself that not everything will end up going back into the g/h so it doesn't all need cleaning.
robo
KG Regular

I can't see any company altering the words on the product they are making ,we might eventually leave the eec but companies will still want to sell in Europe , I don't think for one minute we will leave the eec
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic