What's happened to this tomato plant please?

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

Can anybody suggest why the tomato on the left (if I have been successful in uploading the ohoto ) is so pale?
And how do I treat it to restore it back to normal health and colour ?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (134.01 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Hello Primrose.

Other than the colour it looks quite strong. Do you know what variety it is meant to be.
Is it from seed you saved yourself.

No idea what the problem is but couple of questions I ask myself are:-

Could it be chlorophyll deficiency I wonder.
Would a dose of magnesium be of assistance

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
John
KG Regular

Hello Primrose
I would agree with P snip. Try giving is a dose of Epsom Salts (often sold as Magnesium or similar in garden centres) - water it with a solution of 1 tablespoon per gallon.

More interestingly as it looks otherwise so healthy could this be a rogue plant with naturally yellow leaves? Grow it on and see what fruit it produces as you could have stumbled on something good - maybe a winner!
Keep us posted with its progress please.
John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Primrose
KG Regular

The variety is Ildi - a cordon yellow cherry plum variety which bears masses of fruit on each truss.
I sowed it from last year's saved seed. The strange thing is that another plant from the same source has come up completely normal (not the plant in the photo it's being compared with though) and both plants have been raised in exactly the same way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic