Found the Culprit

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

I have moaned about the birdies taking my runners - & today while having a wee picnic with some mates saw the culprit in action! Obviously as we were down back of plot & just sitting & chatting he felt confident to make his move! He popped down, lifted net with his beak & started digging the soil around the canes throwing it over his back!

He is - a magpie! He looked like he was just having fun as also popping up to top of canes & repeating it all over again! Too late in season I know but had put in some more seed so little blighter knew that maybe! All tucked up now though! (OK I'm an optimist!)

Accidently left lid up on the troughs as well & birds were drinking from it - so mischief as well as thirst maybe!

Westi
Westi
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Corvids are clever little devils. We've learnt on our plots to use plastic type string on the bean sticks as jackdaws sit and untie/pull apart natural string and disappear with it, presumeably to their nests. I thought it was kids until my plot neighbour, like you, sat having a quiet cuppa and saw them in action.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic