Mr. Mole has done well!

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Colin Miles
KG Regular

How - by providing me with enough soil to fill 25 potato pots! Saved me the hassle of sieving soil and the poor weather(!) has saved me a lot of watering. Ok - so he disfigures my 'lawn' which is really a mown meadow, and tries to pop up in the greenhouse - Jeyes fluid seemed to deter him - but I am inclined to forgive him.

The first early is Casablanca which I have not previously grown before. Up to around 20 useable tubers from each which taste good. Will be growing it again. And the Charlottes which I have just started to empty out are almost show quality.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

:D

Top right-hand corner of my paddock produced similar a few years back, I used those electronic gadgets that did work at 90% success. Now I wish I hadn't discouraged the little blighters because I could do with some of that soil.

On quite a few occasions I filled a number of barrow loads but right now the activity is sparse.

Trouble is, when I go over the grass with the ride-on it's like off-road terrain because of the mole-workings and subsequent tunnel-collapses. It's such a fertile patch, full of worms. Pity it's almost 150 metres from the house.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic