chrysanths and tomatoes

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Beryl
KG Regular

I wondered if there was a connection between chrysanths and tomatoes.
The new cuttings I took of the spray chrysanths in the spring were growing away strong and healthy till I planted them out recently and now they have gone all yellow and withered looking. I don't think they will survive.

I also have several tomato plants, mainly Gardeners Delight and Fandago which have yellowing centres; they are still in the greenhouse but seem to be gradually withering too. Other varieties already planted out are fine.

Fandango is a new one for me this year but the others I do every year with no trouble at all.

Would anyone know if they both suffer from the same diseases/virus or is it just coincidence this year?

Beryl.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Hi Beryl,

I don't know of any linking diseases between the two, it's much more likely to be conditions causing the problem. Has the compost they're in run out of nutrients? Or have they both got cold and/or wet at the roots?

MW
Primrose
KG Regular

Or the compost if you used the same material for both?
Beryl
KG Regular

Yes, it was the same compost. Not one I've used before, Arthur Bowers the big compacted 100 litre sack. I wasn't that happy with it 'cos it didn't hold the moisture. The roots may have got too wet as some point. I will be more careful next time but I don't think I will AB again.

Thanks
Beryl.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic