Seconds away, Round TWO!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

In the red corner the weather, 2 to 1 odds on favourite.
In the blue corner, southeast England, the rank outsider.

It is snowing well, not hard, about two inches so far this evening and it's settling on all roads to some extent or other.

So tomorrow's commute could be interesting, Railtrack having only just fixed the leak here so that we no longer sit next to the sewage works, half a mile to the left of the map above, for thirty minutes awaiting safe passgae through the flood water / damaged signalling gear / eroded track.

All the signalling was renewed a few years ago, why did no one think, "Ah flood plain, Hunsdon Meads, canal banks are level so form a dam across the landscape and it all comes together between the railway and the lock. Railway embankment, canal, valley side and river channel all within fifty yards, so lets locate all the signal gear somewhere else and widen the river channel just here."
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Took me hour and half to drive 20 miles home. Had to turn around after the main road was blocked by people stopped on a hill - and subsequently couldn't move again. Only way home was a back road, less populated, so easier to drive.

*brr*

KGAdmin
Chantal
KG Regular

I drove home from work in a bit of a snowstorm last night, but it was all gone in an hour or two. We still have snow lying in isolated spots from last week, but it's a bright and reasonbly pleasant day in Rugby. My boss who drove in from Kettering just up the A14 says it's a white out there.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
garden_serf
KG Regular

The sun is shining in Cornwall, its a beautifull day!
Snow is still lingering on the higher parts of Dartmoor (highest parts approx 620m) and Bodmin Moors in the distance. Shade temp 9 C (out of the wind).
Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food - Frank A. Clark.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic