Good News?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Colin Miles
KG Regular

The latest long-term weather forecast says that the rest of February might be even colder - overall -2C below average, with March, April, May and June also being slightly below. As the accuracy of such forecasts is pretty low, I am hoping for better weather! Unfortunately they are also suggesting slightly lower rainfall than usual.
nemo
KG Regular

i have only seen snow light snow twice on our lawn this year and its the first in almost 10 years my children never saw snow until last week. other parts of Ireland got it pretty bad but we always escape very cold weather but we do not escape wind and rain lots of rain
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

We'll always get some sort of weather, and so saying that, it's snowing very heavily again.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
richard p
KG Regular

nobody's mentioned global warming for a while :)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Naughty, naughty, Richard. :)

peter
KG Regular

richard p wrote:nobody's mentioned global warming for a while :)

and what is that then Richard, he asked innocently. :twisted:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
alan refail
KG Regular

richard p wrote:nobody's mentioned global warming for a while :)

What's a bit of snow
Chantal
KG Regular

I'd rather have the snow any day of the week! :shock:

Snowed here again last night then at midnight it was melting (I had my head of the window - thermal event) but at 3am (another thermal event) it was freezing and it's still freezing.

I can see the ice sparkling on our road so it does not bode well. We're on a bus route (well sometimes we are!) and there was no gritting last night that we saw.

Even if the road has been done the pavements will be like ice rinks again :roll: I am SO looking forward to that long walk to work.

More snow forecast for tonight; at least it will be good for all the garlic I have planted :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Chantal, i must say your thermal events so most intriguing. :wink:

AnneThomas
KG Regular

Here in Cornwall we would be slightly grateful for the "slightly lower rainfall than usual!"

Snow virtually gone but has now rained heavily for the last 12 hours or so! We'll see what happens tonight re the snow forecast.
Monika
KG Regular

We in Yorkshire seem to be the lucky ones at the moment. The last three days, including today, have been lovely: nightly frost but clear and sunny days! It's now clouding over and we have been promised a bit more snow, but overall it's not too bad.

I was looking back at my diary entries from 1978/79 - now that was some winter! Even in mid-March, we still had huge snowdrifts everywhere.

One of my daughters climbed Whernside, one of the "Three Peaks" yesterday and says there wasn't a breath of wind and not a cloud in the sky with snow lying crisp and even all round. Magic. Very envious, should have gone with her.
Chantal
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Dear Chantal, i must say your thermal events so most intriguing. :wink:

One of our computers at work announced on the screen that it was having a "thermal event" and promptly melted. Now when I have a hot flush, they all say I'm having a thermal event. Far worse at night so I'm often to be found hanging out the window when it's -10C. I'm sure there are lot of ladies of a certain age on here who will entirely understand. :wink:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
AnneThomas
KG Regular

Monika - I remember 1979 well. We got married in April of that year - and we woke up to snow on our wedding day. We were living in the north east at the time. We had bought our first home just before Christmas in a town 12 miles from where we both lived - and for most of the winter couldn't get through to it.

Interestingly, 25 years later we spent our anniversary camping on Dartmoor. And again we woke up to snow on our anniversary. Spooky. :D

Chantal - I have power surges not hot flushes :wink:
johnsgirl
KG Regular

Mine are tropical moments! Why are they much worse at night? Oh for a full night's sleep!
AnneThomas
KG Regular

What's one of them :?:

Tropical moments - sounds lovely - like a chocolate bar :D which only make my power surges worse :(

Not sure any of this is "good news" :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic