Life can be sweet when selfish b---s get what they deserve.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

mrs l
KG Regular

what really annoys me is the morons who let their dogs foul the pavements and dont pick it up after them. Every morning after I drop the granddaughter off at school I push my grandson in his buggy to my elderly parents house and I have to weave all over the pavement to avoid the piles of poo. If it was outside my house I would be watching for the offenders, find out where they live and dump it outside their gate and see how they like it.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear mrs l, why don't you make it your New years resolution to get something done about it.
Keep reporting it on a regular basis to the relevant authorities, if you persist i'm sure they will get something done about it.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

We had the same problem outside our old offices. Every day this stupid woman walked her Alsation and actively encouraged it crap on our path and the pavement. I rang the police and asked what could be done. Once I'd convinced them I was serious they asked me to take a photo of the dog in action and then find out where she lived. The copper actually suggested I had a look at its dog tag for a phone number!!! I pointed out that approaching a unknown crapping Alsation and furtling around with its collar while an irate woman was on the end of the lead was tantamount to suicide. :roll: So I followed her with my camera instead. :D

I managed to get an action shot, followed her home from a discrete distance and then called the council. An environmental health bloke came out, howled with laughter when I handed over the photos plus her address and then sent her an official letter. They threatened her with prosecution if she was caught again. It worked.

Aternatively
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... uling.html
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Monika
KG Regular

Luckily, we have a very efficient dog warden service at our district council. If you let them know when and where the offence occurs, they watch out for it and "tackle" the person. If you know the offender's name, you can let them know and the dog warden will approach them and warn them without your name being mentioned. You don't really want to snitch on your neighbour, do you? But dog muck is dog muck, whoever lets their dog do it!
The Mouse
KG Regular

The pavements around our way are not bad these days, with most people clearing up their dog's mess. :)

What really drives me mad is that people use our allotment site (un-fenced, in the middle of a field - we're right out in the countryside here) as a place to exercise their dogs. They let the dogs run all over our plots, apparently unaware of the damage they might be doing, and judging by the paw prints they leave behind some of those dogs must be as big as donkeys! And because they aren't on the pavements they think it's ok to let their pe(s)ts do their business wherever they please. :x It's bad enough getting it on your feet, but when you realise that you've just dragged the hosepipe through it and got it all over your hands ......grrrrrr :evil:

People wouldn't dream of letting their dogs run loose in the supermarket relieving themselves all over the produce, so why do they think it's ok on my allotment :?:
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain
Chantal
KG Regular

Rugby BC are pushing through a controversial byelaw which says that dogs must be on leads on allotments, playing fields, one of the town parks (it was all the parks but they've relented) and "on any public footpath" thoughout the borough.

There has been hell on from the dog owners, which I can understand to be honest, but at least it might stop some of the rugby players landing face first in a pile of s***.

What I'd really like to know is who will implement all this? :roll:
Chantal

The Mouse
KG Regular

Hi Chantal
That's a good point - as you say, who would implement such measures?

I'm all for a live and let live approach - as long as people 'live' in a way that doesn't spoil other people's lives in any way. A bit of common sense is all that is needed, but it seems to be in short supply sometimes :(

As regards allowing (or not) dogs to be exercised on playing fields / sports grounds, where quite clearly the players face the danger of landing face down in the s***, I'm surprised the health and safety police haven't taken a stronger stance on that one. And the same could be said about allotments - like I said earlier, nobody would find it acceptable if someone took their dog into the supermarket and allowed it to relieve itself all over the fruit and veg :?

By the way, how's the weather over your side of the border there in Rugby? Are you still snowed in like many of us on this side of the border(Northamptonshire)?
Mark Twain
garden_serf
KG Regular

....nobody would find it acceptable if someone took their dog into the supermarket and allowed it to relieve itself all over the fruit and veg.

Like my neighbours cats do on mine. I remove 3-4 poos a day from my veg. And I have plenty of measures in place! :(
Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food - Frank A. Clark.
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Caz

It's not so bad today, I managed to get my car out of her garage for the first time in a week. The main roads are clear but the side roads are still not good and as for the pavements :roll:

Seedling and I are both worn out with walking everywhere, but to my credit I did get into work every day this week, most days in a snowstorm.

What really made me cross was on Friday I shopped at Sainsbury's Central, bunged it in my rucksack and went to the bus stop, only to find that the buses on our route were cancelled because they were getting stuck in the (Northamptonshire) villages. Rather than run a bus in a short loop so people on our side of Rugby could get home, they just stopped the lot. I was really grumpy by the time I's slithered and crunched home with a half hundredweight of cat food on my back. Luckily a yummy dinner at Seedlings restored my good humour. :wink:

It was very, very cold last night and starting to freeze again already with the threat of more sleet/snow in the next few days, so I think we'll all be suffering a while yet.

Having said all that, I think Northamptonshire is worse than us, right? Are you snowed in Caz?
Chantal

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Apart from all that, lifes still so much fun. :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
The Mouse
KG Regular

Hi Chantal,
You have my sympathy over the bus fiasco - there is only one bus service that comes anyway near us, and because that is a rural route it hasn't run for the last few days.

As today has warmed up, cars seem to be moving about again, but we decided to try and live without a car a couple of years ago, and usually go everywhere by bike, but that would be suicidal right now!

So yes, we're basically snowed in, although I've been out walking in it. I walked over to my allotment yesterday (in another village, one and a half miles away). It was a lovely walk, even though it was still snowing heavily. I was able to go across the fields on footpaths which are usually too muddy to use (our local soil is so clayey that you feel like you've got bricks attatched to your feet after a few steps). I even managed to pick some sprouts; despite the 14 inches of snow, there was a little hollow around all the stems, making picking really easy :)

Unlike you, I don't have to worry about getting to work - I work at home, giving French and Spanish lessons to anyone who wants to learn. But because my students come to me, I've been hit as hard as anyone by the weather as nearly half of them ended up cancelling this week because of the weather :( I really hope we don't get too much more of it!
Mark Twain
The Mouse
KG Regular

garden_serf wrote:....nobody would find it acceptable if someone took their dog into the supermarket and allowed it to relieve itself all over the fruit and veg.

Like my neighbours cats do on mine. I remove 3-4 poos a day from my veg. And I have plenty of measures in place! :(

Hi, Garden-Serf
When our neighbours' cats used to do that, I found a powerful water pistol worked well. And using it made me feel better :twisted:
Mark Twain
garden_serf
KG Regular

Yes good idea, and I think I'll load it with lemon juice!!
Take that between the eyes!! :evil:
Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food - Frank A. Clark.
Chantal
KG Regular

It actually works a lot better if you get them straight up the old tea towel holder :wink:
Chantal

garden_serf
KG Regular

Yes... I imagine that would make their eyes water!
I pictured them licking it (the lemon juice) off later as well. :evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic