THIS WEEKS UPDATE POSTED 03/11/06

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

STEVE PARTRIDGE
KG Regular

Hi Kevin, thankyou for you support and understanding on this issue,it is a shame that some people enjoy kicking you when you are down and trying to get back up, regards Steve.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well i think it works very well where it is at the moment. People can be so thoughtless sometimes. And i thought gardeners had that extra bit of kindness in them, but i'm starting to wonder.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chez
KG Regular

You can fool some of the people some of the time...
The cow is of the bovine ilk
One end is moo, the other, milk.
Mama Kali
KG Regular

Steve you are an inspiration and yes I too would love to be able to spend more time on my allotment but one day I will have the time. Life is too short Beryl. Live and let live.
Alison
KG Regular

Steve, I loved looking at your website and find your postings and all the stuff you make available really interesting and inspirational. Thank you very much, I think you're great.
Alison.
Jennifer
KG Regular

Steve,
Please ignore all the negative remarks on this thread. We all make choices and what I can't understand is why those people don't just choose to go and read a different topic if they don't like this one. I think there are very many people like me who read this forum regularly but don't actually contribute a great deal. In fact you've done far more than I have and you should feel proud of what you have done. Keep up the good work.
Jennifer.
Piglet
KG Regular

I dont think Steve that anybody is kicking you, and by the way you can garden and keep multiple forums running with your latest Steve Partridge website update you are far from down. OH I find that most people have been either very kind or reserved in their comments as they could have been far worse. I personally feel that forums are for people to interact on and not just to thank people for their kind comments.

If the blog is put as a link we can all visit it at anytime and Steve still gets his outlet. Imagine if half a dozen people started doing a blog update every week. It would be a nightmare. Several people have their links as footnotes to their posts which is another alternative.

As a statement of fact Steve's allotments are something he should be proud of and I wish that I had the same amount of free time to dedicate to mine. To find the courage to organise a show whilst being in a fragile state of mind is also laudable and shows that he is feeling the ability to interact with people more confidently.
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
Chantal
KG Regular

I agree with you wholeheartedly Piglet. :)
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Beryl
KG Regular

We would welcome Steve's imput to the Forum as it is intended and not to use it soley to advertise his site as he does with other Forums.

Beryl.
Last edited by Beryl on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
KG Regular

Now you've all sorted Steve out perhaps its time for you to have a go at Tracy (Southmead). She seems to be running a poultry business and uses forum to get free advertising space for her birds.
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Piglet
KG Regular

I dont keep chickens John so dont go into that section and so havent see the posts. If Tracy is actually active in the forum and actively takes part and is not just posting adverts I see no issue unless Mr PH says differently.
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
Mr Potato Head

Well, this is a slightly thorny issue isn't it. :?

Firstly, I would like to say that I don't think we should have a problem with Steve's regular posting. Frankly, it's small fry compared to the hundreds of postings we get every week, and it is in the 'General Chatter' section which is entirely appropriate. He doesn't seem to do any hard selling on the forum, and anything that goes on, on other forums is entirely none of my business.

He does occasionally give advice, and I feel that his blog - even though it's on another website - contributes to the richness of information online, and so is entirely appropriate for it to be mentioned here.

As for selling, we do now have some guidelines about what is acceptable.

To summarise, for this topic...
    If you run a business, and want to promote it, put a link in your signature and no more.
    Don't make postings about your products, unless it's in direct reference to someone else's posting.
    A small amount of private advertising is acceptable only in General Chatter.

As per usual, these rules are more like guidelines, and anyone flaunting them, or conversely, using them to bash other users will have their registrations 'reviewed'. :twisted:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic