Allotment Days

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Ruth
KG Regular

Dear all,

I am an editor at a book publishing company in London and we are in the process of producing a new book on allotments. "Allotment Days" is going to be a look at the weird and wonderful things that go on down the allotments. We are hoping to cover everything from allotment inventions and strange vegetables to interesting competitions. Basically, anything a little out of the ordinary that shows what fun and exciting things can be done on a plot.

If anyone thinks that they would be suitable, or they know of someone that might be good, then I'd love to hear from you. Our author (Matthew Biggs) will be chatting to all participants in the next month or so and we will send a photographer to get some shots of the plot.

Thanks so much for your help. Please feel free to contact me on [email protected] .

Ruth Hamilton
Editor, New Holland Publishers (UK) Ltd
www.newhollandpublishers.com
Mr Potato Head

Hi,

Just so everyone on the forum is aware, Ruth did contact me first before posting this query! I'm pretty confident that you'll all have some hairy stories to tell... :wink: (Although, the sun's out here, so i'm guessing you'll all be out digging until it gets dark...) :roll:
Chantal
KG Regular

Jopsy and Zena are planning on boggit hunting in black catsuits, wellies and hats.

Tigger bounces around in her swimsuit and shorts all summer.

It takes 90F in the shade to get JB out of his winter combies and on our site we dance round the plot naked at midnight by the light of the full moon :shock: It's supposed to help the beans. :lol:

Is that the sort of stuff that she wants?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Tigger
KG Regular

You forgot my short raspberry coloured wellies......but the rest is ideal.....And I'm out there with a torch and the ability to jump on the monsters at home. Slugs, snails, others........

If only I has an allotment - I garden at home......
Piglet
KG Regular

I sunbathe naked in the polytunned. :shock: :shock:
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
Malk
KG Regular

I'm five months pregnant and still out there weeding and planting. Is that strange?
Welcome to Finland!!
Carrie
KG Regular

Malk - I always assumed you were a Malcolm, so that makes being 5 months pregnant pretty strange!
I think the book should include the blue bins (not that I'm obsessed or anything)
jopsy
KG Regular

Malk i was planting up on the day my lo was born!
we even went to the garden centre and had lunch there-i always blamed their veggie shepherds pie!
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
Malk
KG Regular

Malk is the name of my cat, I use it as a internet log in name. I was GerryS for a while on this site, but another showed up and I started getting confused. Strangely enough my own name is often confused for male as well, so I'm not bothered.

Good to know I'm not too strange. I'll avoid veggie shepherds pie for a while, but not garden centres.

You've got me wondering about the blue bins as well. And how the old knowledgeables of the plots always managed to give you good advice after you've gone and done the opposite thing. Like the best way to plant leeks after you've just put in 50 and had problems.
Welcome to Finland!!
peter
KG Regular

I'm the unofficial site maintenance man, I mow all our site paths, strim all the edges and fix all the fences, only unusual 'cos no other fool will do it. :shock:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic